I had my loser freeloading JW stepsiblings evicted

by unbeliever 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

They can find sympathy between $hit and syphillis in the dictionary.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Are these people still in good standing? Does the congregation know about it? They were given 30 days notice, and still refused to leave on time. I wonder if this could qualify as theft of service, since they are not paying any rent.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Why do pioneers always think they're something so-o-o special? It's just an excuse sometimes, imo, to avoid getting a real job and still appear you're doing something productive. I, for one, was NEVER impressed by a pioneer. I've always thought they tended to expect special treatment and most of them seemed like deadbeats to me.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The phone calls better stop or they can add "restraining order" to their legal burdens. People like this, who have lived their entire lives entitled, just don't "get it". They truly believe that someone else has to take care of them. They are never responsible for what happens to them.

Can you rent the house out to a local, responsible couple, and recoup some of your investment?

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

oompa,

As to this current thread, PLEASE tell us what your mom had to say about moving away, not telling you and your brother, and letting those leeched stay there!!! How could she do this after you guys bailing her out?!?!? This is almost an unbelievable story, but you made it very believable.

My mom thinks she can do anything she wants in the name of her religion. She is not normal. After my brother sent the papers telling them to get the hell out in 30 days she called us both up to chew us out and acted like her poor step babies were being victimized. We both blew her off. I did not even bring up her not telling us. I would have just been wasting my breath. I listened to her rant for about a minute and then hung up on her. She called back a few times and left messages. The only communication we have had other than that is when she wants to see how my son is doing. She gave me an earful last night as well.

My stepfather must be pushing 60. He has a cleaning business. Supposedly he can clean anything. His company's slogan is they are "dirty haters". What a joke. He went out and bought a new truck, trailer and brand new cleaning equipment. He has never been able to make a profit. I should say my brother and I bought that shit.

Are these people still in good standing? Does the congregation know about it?

Oh yes they are in good standing. I can't say for sure they do know but how could they not? They probably laughed about it. How they were pulling one over on the local apostates two children (my dad is a well known opposer to the local witnesses).

Can you rent the house out to a local, responsible couple, and recoup some of your investment?

That is what I want to do for the time being. My brother wants to wait a while and see if mom is going to move back. The whole reason we did this is so she would always have a place to live. We don't want her living in some shithole. We have no intention of ever selling the house and fortunately the mortgage is not a financial burden to us. I guess we are going to take the wait and see attitude. It's a really nice house and close to the water. We might just turn it into a vacation house or something. I do know those step bastards will never stay another night in the house again.

• Scully
    Scully
    My brother wants to wait a while and see if mom is going to move back. The whole reason we did this is so she would always have a place to live. We don't want her living in some shithole.

That was really generous of you to think of your mom. But isn't it her husband's job to make sure she has a roof over her head now? Even so, she must have some degree of influence in the decision making with him, so where ever they end up living, she still has some ownership in that too.

Not only was it inconsiderate of her to move out without informing you, it would have flown like a lead balloon in a "real world" situation. You can't just walk away from a lease without any consequences. You can't just let someone else move in to your apartment without informing the landlord. You can't just abandon a residence without providing appropriate notice to the owner.

Hopefully you can come to some kind of agreement with your brother to turn the property into an investment that you can share. It sounds like it could be a nice place to rent out to vacationers to cover expenses like the mortgage and utilities, and give you and your brother a home away from home for your own holidays.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever
    That was really generous of you to think of your mom. But isn't it her husband's job to make sure she has a roof over her head now? Even so, she must have some degree of influence in the decision making with him, so where ever they end up living, she still has some ownership in that too.

I agree with you 100%. I would rent it out today if my brother would go along with it. I am not quite sure why he is in the mindset that he is in. Between the two of us I am the push over, not him. He is flying down in a few weeks. I will broach the subject again with him on his visit.

• Open mind
    Open mind
    His company's slogan is they are "dirty haters".

ROFLMAO!!!!

Oh, the irony!

Open Mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit