Raping the dead...

by Blueblades 19 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

I'm sure this was the desicion of the families. We should respect that.

changeling

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I think sometimes families feel that they have to add that, you know to show faith, well forced faith, I remember a family member who put that in the little flyer they give you at the funeral. This family couldn't afford to do something like that, but sometimes I wonder if they feel that if they don't they will loose face with other members. Just another way the JW's are cult like.

• greendawn
    greendawn

At the end of the day if the families need that money but were forced to donate it to the org out of JW social pressure then that is bad. If they are wealthy and don't desperately need that money then it's their choice if they want it to go to the WTS.

Those inside can't see the bigger picture that they are dealing with a self serving cult.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

My grandfather's funeral was the same way. The obituary said the exact same thing, but there was still some flowers.

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    I am sure the families are going to get tons from other wittinesses......

Tons of casseroles maybe. Tons of money? I doubt it.

• undercover
    undercover

At first glance I usually get a bit miffed that the WTS is going to make out on this deal where everyone else is losing, but then again, spending money on flowers isn't really doing anyone any good in the long run either.

Many "worldly" people will ask that in lieu of flowers that a donation be made to a favorite charity of the deceased. In the case of a JW, the WTS is their favorite charity. The only difference that I can think of is that when a charity receives a donation in a case like that, they will send a card to the family of the deceased and will say that a contribution has been made in their behalf. I'm sure the Society never does that.

A JW friend of mine died a while back and the family had the same request...in lieu of flowers, please make a donation to the Kingdom Hall or Watchtower Society. I followed their wishes in not sending a card but I didn't send money to the WTS either. I waited a few days after the funeral and sent a nice card expressing my sympathy.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I think the only reason the WTS should probably give these families money is because they were part of the RBC on their way to help discuss WORK matters. Obviously the WTS doesn't give them insurance, but there should be some effort to provide for this family. The fact is, had these men not been on the RBC they would no doubt still be alive. I could also see why paying out wouldn't be a good idea as it might cause some legal problems for past instances like this. That is why they should endorse a fund for the family. Which they might be doing. Who knows?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Mary, Honesty linked it with his response to Nathan Nathas' post on the crash. Danny Hazard linked a JW site that had ' In lieu of flowers donations can be made to the kingdom hall.

Blueblades

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Come on guys. Now you are just making stuff up. This happens all the time. A single entity takes care of the funds donated for the families. Yes what is being inferred here would be disgusting. But what is being inferred here is absolutley ridiculous.

The money is not going to the org.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The Wactower has no shame. Anything to advance the world wide witnessing work. They have to push out into the 3rd world countries quickly. Almost as fast as they build a kingdumb hall. Because the internet and infromation has numbered their days here in Amerika.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit