Raping the dead...

by Blueblades 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

" In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the kingdom hall." Donations are to be given to the kingdom Hall at the funeral talk for the five men who were killed in that plane crash. Why not say.."In lieu of flowers donations can be made to the families who suffered this loss?" Why to the kingdom hall? Do they intend to turn over all donations made to the kingdom hall to the families? If not, then that is raping the dead. If they are going to turn over the donated monies, which will be a first that I'm aware of, then they won't be raping the dead. What do you think, has this been done before?

Blueblades

• KW13
    KW13

this topic caught my interest for other reasons, i have no comment to make.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

! Another way to gouge people. It's the families that really need the money. They are going to have unpaid medical bills, funeral bills, and burial expenses. And the Puketower Society will not pay those.

I suppose that they want you to pay the Tower all the money instead of paying out the families' expenses. And the wills are all to be made directly to the Puketower Society. The families themselves need to finance their own bills. By the way, you should have also made your insurance policies payable to the Puketower Society so no one would be able to gain from that source, either.

• Mary
    Mary

Can someone provide the link to where it says " In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the kingdom hall." ?

thanks.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I've heard this before, announced from the Crap er King dom Hall. In lieu of flowers the family would like any who wish to contribute to send a donation to the society, gag.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

This is low.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I know this isn't done much but in defense of the WTS it could just be simpler to donate to the Kingdom Hall and allow the elders to allocate the money to the family. Really why go through the trouble of creating accounts and funds when everything you need is right there? Not saying they are actually doing this for that reason but it would seem that is probably the case. I am sure the families are going to get tons from other wittinesses so a percentage will no doubt be donated back to the Society. In this case why not? If they are spear heading a fund for these families and the families are HAPPY (which is all that matters in this case) with a infomercial service why would it be bad to donate a little back? We won't really know I guess, unless there is someone in the know.

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

This is common; it has nothing to do with JWism (as far as we can tell).

Read the obits, many say similar things regardless of religion, etc...

Perhaps the family doesn't need the money and this was their decision?

Perhaps this is to cover the cost of this huge funeral?

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

My personal opinion:

This thread would be incredibly offending to the families (especially the title), if they were to stumble upon it.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I agree... In the end the decision is left up the individual immediate families or whoever is the executer of the estate. Despite how we might feel, the happiness of the family is what really matters. Might they need a trial by fire? Sure. Might they be just as happy (sad) as someone with a regular service? Sure. So who cares? Ah and as soon as I finished this The Byrds "Turn! Turn! Turn!" came on my media player. Not making it up I swear!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit