Hallelujah ... she's leaving the Borg!

by Frequent_Fader_Miles 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

My online friend who was baptized at 12 years old has finally decided she couldn't make it as a JW anymore. With 2 DFs and major depression under her belt, no longer will she be living her life for the elders. She says she's going to enjoy her life "until Armageddon comes" since she's a goner anyway (serving Jehovah with wrong motivation, not out of love).

Her father recently died, and she's waiting a little before making her decision known to her mom ... for obvious reasons.

At first I doubted whether my reasoning got through to her, but after our conversation today she thanked me. She said she always enjoys speaking with me ... that really warmed my heart.

• BrentR
    BrentR

That is great news! My sister who is married to an elder is starting to fade. We know thier quality of life and sanity will only get better.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Congratulations to you and good for her. She's like a battered sheep escaping from the pen. The adjustment to the outside world will be a challenge, but with friends like you she can do it. And as she gradually gets more good information, her Borg-like thinking about Armageddon and other things can eventually melt away.

• Sassy
    Sassy

when I left I figured I'd enjoy life till Armegedon too... hopefully like me, she has gained so much much more..

• Mum
    Mum

Good on you, FFM! I'm glad she has your support through the stressful times to come. Here's to another block removed from the Watchtower!

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Great news. Although it is still sad she still believes Armageddon is coming. She'll probably grow out of that though.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
  • choosing life
    choosing life

That's great! You need to help her see that Armegeddon is just a scare tactic they use to keep the sheep in line. It can be pretty heavy hanging over your head.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Great news FFM.

Just like the WTS claims to help one person at a time to come to accurate knowledge,
    so we strive to actually do it.

Great.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

When she's ready, I'll direct her to JWD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit