Dating Service

by barj 24 Replies latest social relationships

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

At the encouragement of Mr and Mrs Flipper, I joined eHarmony this weekend I have gotten about 10 matches in the first day or two, 2 from this area...I have closed a few, started the communications process with a few but not heard back yet...too soon to tell how it works. Its a bit pricey ($20/month) If it works, great, if not, at least I tried.

Maybe an Apostafest would be better?

I noticed under religious choices, Jehovah's Witnesses was listed. (I AM CERTAIN THERE ARE NO JW'S ON THE INTERNET AT ALL! SINCE EVERY JW LISTENS WITH BATED BREATH EVERY DAMN THING COMING OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF THE OLD MEN IN BROOKLYN)

hell, I just put "Christian - and prefer not to specify" as my religious choice for now. And I set NO limits on religions for my matches (although a few I would probably close the door on)

I did notice a couple of years ago that all of the "legit" JW dating sites (ones actually ran by JWs) came down shortly after the talks at the district conventions warning against such sites. I remember one that stayed up for about 2 months after with a note about the talk and staying up long enough for people to gather contact information....I thought at the time.. "how sad, if we arent supposed to go congregation hopping, cant have JW dances, no social events at all...how in the world can we meet people in the Truth TM ?....".

serendipity:

it's not because I'm gorgeous or am showing cleavage

send me a pic.... I meet your criteria..... LOL

SnakesInTheTower (of the "probably should get a better handle than Snakes" Sheep Class)

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    he would have to be ok with Christmas and the holidays though.... if he faded and hides it from family.. I couldn't go there.. I celebrate Xmas very openly... I will not hide it

Oh I totally agree Sassy!

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    i think dating an ex-witness is a great idea. no one else can understand what we've been through. that common ground goes a long way.

I agree BigD, but I also agree with Sassy again I would have to know beyond a shade of a doubt, they would NEVER go back.

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

I don't think I would date an ex-dub because I would worry about them deciding to go back to dubland. Not that it is an issue, because I never meet any ex-dubs except here on JWD.

I use Yahoo personals, plentyoffish, okcupid & match.com. Great success in meeting men this way. It is true that the under 30 set of men are looking for sex with older woman, but I ignore them. I am speaking to two very nice guys right now that seem to have it going on!

• Honesty
    Honesty

lol... well I am not exactly into the Drew Carey types.. since my tastes run more of a chocolate nature.. however, I would be very interested in trying the next round with someone who was a witness..

he would have to be ok with Christmas and the holidays though.... if he faded and hides it from family.. I couldn't go there.. I celebrate Xmas very openly... I will not hide it Sassy

I've had a chocolate drop (we used to laugh when the dubs called us ZEBRAS behind our backs) and I do more than openly celebrate Christmas... I LOVE IT and give ALL my cult family members wrapped presents. But... I still look a lot like Drew.

• barj
    barj

Thanks guys for the quick and insightful responses. I guess I have two issues. Dating and/or Returning. Since I am newly ousted, I am at that stage where I am feeling a little unsure if returning is such a good idea. I tried going to the meeting, but I could not sit in the room where they issued their final blow. I want to date, but right now I feel like seriously hurting men (or at least those who resemble the head-choppers). I dont know how I could come back without feeling resentful and distrustful of the whole process. My feelings are a little raw right now! Anyone have any suggestions for getting past the resentment, not feeling that you are going to be completely destroyed in the end and finally moving on with your life?

• greendawn
    greendawn

I am sure that being out of a destructive cult is the right thing to do, if what you need is a spiritual ambience and activity there are many mainstream religions that can offer than no need to rely on the JWs.

• Terry
    Terry

I listed on singles.net. It is kind of bogus in a way.

If you click on a picture just to get a closer view it triggers an automatic e-mail to that other person saying how "interested" you are.

On Labor day there must have been some kind of weird policy in effect. I got about 90 e-mails telling me how interested (apparently everybody on earth) so and so was in me!

I give up on singles.net

It is really a piss poor way of meeting somebody.

• Sassy
    Sassy
    I've had a chocolate drop (we used to laugh when the dubs called us ZEBRAS behind our backs) and I do more than openly celebrate Christmas... I LOVE IT and give ALL my cult family members wrapped presents. But... I still look a lot like Drew.

well Drew is lovable...

• Sassy
    Sassy
    Thanks guys for the quick and insightful responses. I guess I have two issues. Dating and/or Returning. Since I am newly ousted, I am at that stage where I am feeling a little unsure if returning is such a good idea. I tried going to the meeting, but I could not sit in the room where they issued their final blow. I want to date, but right now I feel like seriously hurting men (or at least those who resemble the head-choppers). I dont know how I could come back without feeling resentful and distrustful of the whole process. My feelings are a little raw right now! Anyone have any suggestions for getting past the resentment, not feeling that you are going to be completely destroyed in the end and finally moving on with your life?

I would just enjoy being out right now.. and look into the truth about the religion if you question if you should go back..

if you do not know what you want.. just meet and date casually for now.. until you figure out how you want your head on straight..

enjoy life right now without big brother watching your every move.. live a little..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit