Dating Service

by barj 24 Replies latest social relationships

• barj
    barj

Has anyone had success with Singlesnet.com? I am curious newly ousted JW whose interested in getting back in the dating world. I was not raised as a JW, so I have some experience. Although it has been a long time and I'm a bit rusty, I decided to search for likewise individuals. Let me know if you have had success or should I just keep mum about my former life?

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Welcome aboard!

I have no experience with a dating service. I would not be comfortable "keeping mum" about my involvement in the cult because it is a big part of who I now am.

At some point, once my divorce is finalized, I am sure that I will eventually want to date again. Right now, I feel more comfortable with people that have "been there, done that and hate the t-shirt".

Maybe we should start a dating site for ex-jw's.

• Sassy
    Sassy
    Maybe we should start a dating site for ex-jw's.

I seriously thought about it at one time....

• Honesty
    Honesty

Give us an honest answer...

How many of you single Girlz are really interested in dating an ex-JW, knowing that most of us are Drew Carey look-a-likes who have absolutely no use for the Watchtower Society?

We might pose an 'endangerment to your spiritual progress.'

• Sassy
    Sassy

lol... well I am not exactly into the Drew Carey types.. since my tastes run more of a chocolate nature.. however, I would be very interested in trying the next round with someone who was a witness..

he would have to be ok with Christmas and the holidays though.... if he faded and hides it from family.. I couldn't go there.. I celebrate Xmas very openly... I will not hide it

• jgnat
    jgnat

Don't sell yourself short. Geek is cute. I wouldn't bring up former religious involvements until the third or fourth date. Wouldn't you much rather know if the person has a sense of humor, is employed, intelligent and kind?

My hubby and I used a dating service. We have friends who met over the internet either by accident or by service, and they are amazingly compatible. Online services have their drawbacks, as do traditional dating methods. But as long as you are aware of the pitfalls, give it a chance.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I love Drew Carey and chocolate types. lol

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i think dating an ex-witness is a great idea. no one else can understand what we've been through. that common ground goes a long way.

• Sassy
    Sassy
    i think dating an ex-witness is a great idea. no one else can understand what we've been through. that common ground goes a long way.

exactly..

although I've had a couple interested in me in the past and one actually asked me if I would think about going back.. not because he believed.. but for his family..

what happens if you date an exJW.. get serious with them.. perhaps even marry and then one of them wants to go back..

that would be a nightmare.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I'm on singlesnet. I've been contacted by a lot of men, but most seem to just be looking for flings (and I'm not. ) I've had better luck with plentyoffish. OKCUPID is another free site.

I've been contacted by over 100 men and there have been three surprising things about online services: one is that most men seem to have little ability to have an email 'conversation'. The second is the number of really young guys willing to hit on older women. Easily half the guys who have contacted me have been under 30. I indicated I was looking for the mid 30's to mid 40's range, so they just ignore that request, which leads to the third thing: men ignore what I've written in my profile and contact me when it's clear that they don't match what I'm looking for. And no, it's not because I'm gorgeous or am showing cleavage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit