Do You Like Who You Are???

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

I like who I am for the most part. What I like about myself is I've set up morals and guidelines just for me and no amount of friends or peer pressure has been able to break that. I love the fact that I know how to be an awesome mom. I also love the fact that in very tough situations I normally pull through because I'm a fighter. I also love that I can see the world in an "artist" way. What I mean by "artist" is that some of my friends see the world as just going through the motions and I wake up and can feel, see, (basically) smell the sun, mountains, sea and world...It goes into my "soul" (a very nice feeling). I can "feel" others emotions. If you understand what I mean then you have that "gift" to...if not, I feel sorta bad for you.

The things that I would like to change is be able to dislike a few people. I seem to like even my "enemies", people who's hurt me bad or have been back stabbers, which can be somewhat damaging to me at times. I would also like to be less emotional but I believe the "artist" feelings are what causes the emotions.

• free2think
    free2think

I'm getting there, slowly, lol.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I'll tuck your tummy in for you jonesy.......he he....ninja

• NanaR
    NanaR

Hey min,

I'd like to be the proper height for my weight, please .

Actually, I do like who I am . Could be the first sign of dementia, though .

Ruth

• metaspy
    metaspy

No, I actually don't like who I am.
    I have days where I wish that I could change it all, but know that I would loose everything in the process.
    Essentially, I would end up not having lived for the last two and a half decades, they just would vanish.
    I am not looking forward to that time, but it is coming.

• R.F.
    R.F.

I like R.F.

Sure, there will always be things about me that i'll wish to improve a bit, but there isn't anything about myself that i'm so obsessed about changing.

• Twitch
    Twitch

yup

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Yes. I must admit that it took me years to get here, but I am happy with the old Stealthmiester.

• knock knock
    knock knock

Not really. I liked FredomFrog's description of her "artist" world. It used to be that way for me but for years and years everything is just bland and nondescript. Muddling through I suppose as if I'm merely a bystander. It just doesn't matter. Or, to put another way, "Why bottha?"

• choosing life
    choosing life

I like who I am as a person. I don't like the limitations that illness puts upon me. But I know I am not really changed by illness, just limited.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit