Help from elders?

by arker 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

You do not need the Watch Tower Society to worship Jehovah and Jesus Christ. I tell you the best thing to do is get involved with the modern day Associated Bible Students, their you will not find all this kind of crap and corruption you mention.

http://www.divineplan.org/

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I was a Servant/Pioneer 10 years...The Elders were told to go easy on disfellowshiping those who accept blood transfusions since in eastern europe to get legal recognition they promised the government they wouldn't do this, if they approved them. This also lead to re-wording the disfellowshiping, rather then saying ;"John Doe has been disfellowshiped." Now we say: "John Doe is no longer a member of Jehovah's Witnesses." So according to his actions John Doe has shown he no longer wants to be a Witness. Very smart from a legal standpiont to now do this.

I was told off for missing a Elder servant meeting even though I was on holidays at the time on christmas break, a bitch pioneer sister whose mom is anionted so she thinks she's perfect, told the Elders I conducted the witnessing group at my house, in my dirty work clothes. This happened once when I was running late coming home from work. They knew I work early mornings before witnessing. The Elders chose to grill me over how inapropriate this was. So I told them to get someone else to take the group. No one was able to. When dating my future wife One Elder thru the publications showed me that I could meet with her without a chaperon as long as it was public, like the mall. Another Elder told me that this was un-acceptable and we should never be alone, even though I showed him what the publications said, he thought it was better "for the congregation since they were gossiping about me having coffee with a sister at Mcdonalds in the mall." Elders always go beyond there powers and abuse authority.

• fresia
    fresia

Elders listen to their wives to, they shouldn't allow their personal oppinions to interfere with judgements but they do. I know for sure that some elders wives spy when out in field service and listen in on conversations, they pass info onto their husbands.

My oppinion is that it is like a club if you are excepted in you're ok, but if you go against the body of personal oppinion you are like a leper. A busy body club.

I don't take any notice of the elders much or their wives, family or what ever, they never get anything from me.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    The Elders were told to go easy on disfellowshiping those who accept blood transfusions since in eastern europe to get legal recognition they promised the government they wouldn't do this, if they approved them. This also lead to re-wording the disfellowshiping, rather then saying ;"John Doe has been disfellowshiped." Now we say: "John Doe is no longer a member of Jehovah's Witnesses." So according to his actions John Doe has shown he no longer wants to be a Witness. Very smart from a legal standpiont to now do this.

I already knew this, but seeing it and reading it from someone really pissed me off. How
    dare they make such a promise, then look for the loophole. They clearly led the powers that
    be that they would allow members to get transfusions and remain members in good standing.

Your other story, too- it pisses me off. Elders or whoever have lives to live. If the C.O. wants
    to visit during a holiday, expect people to be off for the visit.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

The rebelation climax book calls elders STARS hahaha . Now arnie is a star. He knocked em out when he said "Its not a tumour"

• lrkr
    lrkr

Nothing secret affected me. It was what was written plain and simple for everyone. Armageddon- 95% of earths population will die, every government, civic, commercial institution will be removed- and then starts paradise...what the...???!!! Sounds like the holocaust times 500.

When you actually sit and ponder the great plan, its kinda scary.

Secret information didn't have anything to do with it. Allowing myself to ask honest questions, like I try to do in every other realm of life, did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit