Nosy questions for the Americans

by dobbie 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    1. As you don't have NHS, what happens if a sick child was in a medical emergency, is there a charity that covers them or will treatment sometimes get withheld if there is no insurance?

1. Sick children are always in demand at shooting ranges, where they find temporary work as targets. It's good for the guns; keeps dust and other fouling out of the barrels.

2. What accent does Nicholas Cage have? (purely cos its just so gorgeous lol!)

2. Nick Cage has an AMERICAN accent, like mine.

3. As we have some of your takeaway shops here MacD's etc, do you have any British style fish and chips shops?

3. We have Burger King. That's pretty much it.

4. What is your all time favorite british show?

4. Monty Python

5. What british accent do you like the most?(no i don't mind at all if you say Somerset lol 'oo-ar!me dears!)'

5. Just about any British accent is charming in it's own special way.

6. Do you have state benefits and council housing for the poor/single mums etc?

6. We have our gun ranges, which are always seeking new help.

7. Why do you say mom and not mum?

7. Because that's the way she told us to say it, and mother knows best.

8. Do you have roast chicken on a sunday with brussel sprouts roast spuds and bread sauce?

8. No, we have Roast beef, potted chicken, spam, carrots, spam, potatoes, spam and spam with just a bit o' spam for flavor!

• snowbird
    snowbird
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium .....bloody yanks.....

ROFL at Ninja. Now a question for you Brits. Why do you persist in driving on the wrong side of the road???

Snowbird

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    1. As you don't have NHS, what happens if a sick child was in a medical emergency, is there a charity that covers them or will treatment sometimes get withheld if there is no insurance?

Probably answered already by someone else. I'm grateful my kids have insurance, is all.

A weird one.

3. As we have some of your takeaway shops here MacD's etc, do you have any British style fish and chips shops?

Most American restaurants make fish and chips.

None.

5. What british accent do you like the most?(no i don't mind at all if you say Somerset lol 'oo-ar!me dears!)'

I didn't know there were differences until you Brits here mentioned it, and I cannot hear any differences in those I know.

Yes. It's not good living, though.

Because it's "mother" and not "muther".

8. Do you have roast chicken on a sunday with brussel sprouts roast spuds and bread sauce?

No. I prefer to cook fish on Sundays.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I prefer to cook fish on Sundays.

Really? What do you cook on Friday, then?

• frozen one
    frozen one

Why do you persist in driving on the wrong side of the road???

As was expained to me by a Brit, "Americans drive on the right side of the road. Brits drive on the proper side."

When he said "proper" it sounded like "prahpahr."

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    I prefer to cook fish on Sundays.

Really? What do you cook on Friday, then?

I NEVER cook on Fridays! It's leftovers or take-out.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    It's leftovers

Bubble-and-Squeak!

or take-out.

Fish and chips?

• 5go
    5go

Following on from the thread the other week with questions for the brits, i thought i'd ask a few i'd like to know about you, just call me a nosey bag!

They die, my sister being a perfect example. Though emergecy care will be given the parents will get the bill. Which tends to hurt any preventitive care needed to prevent illnesses from getting worse requiring another ambulance trip to the ER. Which will be charged to the parents again. A couple a cycles of this and then they DIE ! Leaving the parents poor.

I would say mixed he is an american actor.

nope

monty python duh.

cockney

women indigent care WIC

My mom told me to call her mom duh

Fried Chicken Cole Slaw, and Corn on the Cob for the most part. We call roast chicken, BBQ chicken; we have it here sometimes though we Bar-Bie-Q it during sports events mostly.

thanks for looking at my intellectually stimulating questions lol!

• dobbie
    dobbie

More answers lol! This is annoying so i apologise but i can't cut and paste your replies:

Snowbird - back at ya!

Sammielee24 - what Tracey Barlow killed her bf?!Don't ask me for the latest, i never watch soaps!Yes Rowan Atkinson is funny, my hubbys mad on Mr Bean , named our son after him!I used to like the BlackAdder series best.

KW13 - never met anyone from Cheshire, is it a bit like Lancashire but softer?(Sorry i am famous for my terrible geography!)

5go - So very sorry about your sister.

Under_believer - I think Katie Leung has a scottish accent, i am actually going to see the new Harry Potter film tomorrow so i will have a listen!

Changeling - Thanks duck your'e a sweetie yourself

Wow loads of you like Monty Python, got to be honest have never ever seen it!

Sorry if i haven't replied to everyone but its 6am and i'm not quite with it yet!

I find it really interesting that most can't tell a difference in Brit accents, as to us they sound so different. Also don't you all have your own regional dialects? Cos someone like Lloyd Grossman (from Boston?) has a really different accent to say Elvis!

Anyway if ever any of you visit England i will treat you to fish and chips and cook you a roast!(And no i won't force you to eat the sprouts lol!)

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

MUM:

MOM:

mom_and_malcolm.JPG

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit