A mother's bitterness

by jgnat 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

I SO agree, Sully. Especially when they are sent as forwards in lieu of actual email communication!

• changeling
    changeling

Maybe this will help: Sing the lyrics to the tune of the "Beverly Hilbillies".

Hang in there,

changeling (of the children of crazy parents class)

• jgnat
    jgnat

You guys are all right. Except I doubt the song is a reference to my husband. They've never met.

As for love being a huge disappointment, I'd believe it in her case. Though what she demands in return is always disproportionate. My dad, though undemonstrative, loves large. He's tremendously loyal. He demonstrated that at the death of his second wife, as I knew he could. He HAD to leave his first wife, though, otherwise his soul would have been eaten alive. I still see the eyes of caring when I talk about her in front of him, though he never brings her up.

By the time my brother was five years old, my mother had picked him out as the one who would love her forever. Her smothering attempts had the expected effect. He used her, took her for as much money as he could, and took off. When he does visit every ten years or so, it's for a place to crash or more money.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Changeling - Hillbillies lyrics - I love that song!

The Ballad of Jed Clampett by Paul Henning - Beverly Hillbillies Lyrics

Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed
    A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed,
    Then one day he was shootin at some food,
    And up through the ground came a bubblin crude.

Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea.

Well the first thing you know ol Jed's a millionaire,
    Kinfolk said "Jed move away from there"
    Said "Californy is the place you ought to be"
    So they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly.

Hills, that is. Swimmin pools, movie stars.

Well now its time to say good by to Jed and all his kin.
    And they would like to thank you folks fer kindly droppin in.
    You're all invited back a gain to this locality
    To have a heapin helpin of their hospitality

Hillybilly that is. Set a spell, Take your shoes off.

Y'all come back now, y'hear?.

http://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/beverlyhillbillieslyrics.html

• changeling
    changeling

Yes darlin, but what I meant was take your mom's "lemon" song and sing it to the the tune of the "Beverly Hillbillies". It gives it a whole different spin.

changeling

• magoo
    magoo

......fortunately you're grown, away from her & married to someone you do love. make a pitcher of cold, sweet lemonade & enjoy life to it's fullest....we're only here for a short moment.....make the most of your stay.....((((((jgnat))))

magoo

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

(((((Jgnat)))))

I have always enjoyed your posts and your insight on so many things......I am so sorry that this woman has done this to you. Some people just seem to be born with the purpose of destroying others right at the heart.

My oldest daughter (the superfine pioneer elder's wife who stopped being a daughter LONG before I DAed myself) will never have children, and it at least THAT will save any tiny souls from THAT destruction, being raised in that hideous mindset AND the added bonus of her particular brand of hatred.

Sometimes their imaginations run wild and have them thinkig all sorts of things that never happened and were not true from the get-go.....but have blown them up into some grand scheme that somehow makes them "feel better". Her version of the "Lemon Tree" song certainly seems to fall right into that category.

Your mother would have probably been thrilled with my oldest daughter instead.....but then NONE of us were able to pick out our mothers OR our children.....and how grateful we ARE for finding our wonderful and supportive friends!

hugs,

Annie

• Quandry
    Quandry

I though Trini Lopez sang Lemon Tree.

Did you ask her, But mom, what does that mean?

I just don't get it. Does she want to live life in a musical, with everyone singing to each other instead of talking?

Ask her if she now requires songs from you when you call.

Maybe you could sing "Jadda, jadda, jadda jadda jing jing jing" from the forties and ask her for her reply.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    I just don't get it. Does she want to live life in a musical, with everyone singing to each other instead of talking?

LOL, most likely. Don't worry, I don't get it either. I don't think mom is so much interested in a conversation as an audience. I'm pretty sure she has been rehearsing this response for thirteen months. By giving a non-rehearsed reply, I would only have burst the bubble she's living in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit