Sept KM anti study

by hurricane 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hurricane
    hurricane

I would like to extend a big thankyou to those posting on the forum who are in fact helping to educate us all with explanations of the scriptures that we may not have previously considered. Channel C is also good for this.

A Christians life should be one of continual searching, testing, confirming as this leads to a deeper and firmer faith which can challenge firmly entrenched viewpoints.When I first started to study in 1966 I almost emptied my local library and spent ages in The British Museum confirming my new found beliefs, this approach may well be frowned on now.

Has anyone done independant research on Revelation and thrown in a few maverick comments at the group study, I found out some interesting info regarding the congregations and cities Jesus addressed and included them in my answers. My group OS just gave me an odd look but thanked me for my research, after the group others asked where I got my info from. I replied encyclopedias and historical sources on the net.

This attitude made me aware that generally the RF are not looking outside of the Org or confirming why they believe what they do for fear of not being obedient.This is so terribly sad as I love so many of these people so very much.

Lets hope all the undercurrent of growing dissension may change the attitudes at the top ???????????????????????????????

Further to my last post a good book or web site is Emotional Intelligence by D.Goleman

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There's hardly anybody here on Sunday, so I will be your official welcome wagon.
    Bump this thread by responding to it on Tuesday (Monday is a U.S. holiday) and
    you will get a bigger reception, or simply post on other threads.

Anyway, welcome.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Welcome Hurricane!

I do hope there is a large storm brewing for the WT!

• VM44
    VM44

Has this "anti-study" article from the KM been posted?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

welcome hurricane

...interesting...I too am wondering if they Sept KM will cause any change of mind in the rank and file dubs. I used to love doing deep research. Ironically last year I went on a tour of the British Museum as part of a JW sponsored tour for the special conventions in Germany. There were even dubs (usually pioneers) that were conducting the tours specially designed to highlight different things in the NWT bible. It was well done but I am sure if someone watched my videos they could poke holes in the whole spiel. I guess they will be grandfathered in for not doing deep research outside of dub publications.

and OTWO is right....crickets, and maybe nvrgnbk are what is here on Sunday..... and a holiday weekend? bump this Tuesday.....

Snakes (...)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Welcome Hurricane!...........VM44..I`ve seen some info on it,but can`t remember which thread...OUTLAW

• ferret
    ferret

Welcome Hurricane

• Hermano
    Hermano

Welcome!

• Siamsa
    Siamsa

Howya Hurricane,

My advice to you regarding changes at the top is as follows. You wont find it in the Bible though. "Do not waste your time trying to polish a bucket of turds and remember even a small turd in a bucket of ice cream makes a big bucket of turds." Love from Ben & Jerry !

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

pink elephants may also fly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit