How many of you still believe in God or are still Christians?

by JWCartPusher 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWCartPusher
    JWCartPusher

Hello, I asked a new but old friend how many people are still Christians after leaving the Watchtower's Mind Control agency, for Statistical purposes do you mind if I do a survey and see how many of you are believers?

Please don't post if your not a believer out of respect for this poll, we need to sharpen each other's sword and help build each other up and meet new friends over the Internet with faith in God or some other force of the Universe. I asked another person how we can still manage our faith after getting burned by the High Group Mind Control, he had a few ideas but he's not really involved with God because of how life burned him. Thank you! I am going to ask Simon about something to save things here.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

I'm not sure as to where I fit in, if at all in your post.

I have relinquished all beliefs in any circumscribable “God” or deity; especially the brutal tribal deity I was raised to believe in. The amazing beauty of life and universe does not give witness to such menial characters in regards to its infinite wonder and presence.

So, I guess, any beliefs in a personal “God”, have been replaced by a growing appreciation and admiration for what I do not know, but can somehow sense as always more than anything I can imagine.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Cart pusher, I'm not sure what you're after...you want us to tell you where we stand, unless we're atheist? How is that a poll...

anyway, mark one for Christian here.

james, that was beautiful and I get you.

• eyefell4it2
    eyefell4it2

I believe in a God

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Not much of a poll if you only want the believers to pipe up is it...

• cofty
    cofty

The fundamental problem with the Watchtower is it's expectation that people should believe things on insufficient evidence.

Anybody who leaves the cult but fails to objectively examine the very best evidence against all religious beliefs is being inconsistent. Atheism is the only rational conclusion of the process of leaving a cult.

he's not really involved with God because of how life burned him

That is no basis to make decisions about what is true.

we need to sharpen each other's sword

Where do you learn to talk that way?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hello, I asked a new but old friend how many people are still Christians after leaving the Watchtower's Mind Control agency, for Statistical purposes do you mind if I do a survey and see how many of you are believers?

Please don't post if your not a believer out of respect for this poll,....JWcartPusher

That`s called a "Rigged Poll"..

The Only Outcome Can Be:

100% OF PEOPLE ARE STILL CHRISTIANS AFTER LEAVING THE WATCHTOWER ..
    ...https://hateandanger.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/rigged-vote-illusion-your-vote-is-meaningless-when-the-system-is-corrupt.jpg

• cappytan
    cappytan

I believe in "I don't knows."

There's still a part of me that wants to believe in God - likely because it's so ingrained in my upbringing and psyche as a JW.

But the rational part of me is letting go. And at first, it was scary, upsetting and confusing. But now, the more I let go, the more a certain peace settles over my thoughts. Not believing is turning out more satisfying and peaceful than believing.

I had to come to terms with the fact that it's okay to not know. It's okay to not have the answers for every question.

• OUTLAW
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

^^^^^^^^^

Good post, OUTLAW.

I'm an agnostic. Despite there being no evidence for the existence of God, I feel we cannot know for sure either way.

There's lots of evidence for evolution, but that only allows us to say that Genesis didn't happen, i.e. intelligent design is a nonsense.

Does God exist? I don't know, and I don't think I care anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit