Aren't we really the pioneers?

by purplesofa 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

We are blazing through the time we live in, seeking freedom from the oppression around is, in us, through us. We are opening our minds to new ways of thinking, feeling, living, sharing.

It's not easy, we pay a price, for some of its much higher than others. We suffer alone, endure hardships, bear the truth and it's consequences.

There is no new land to conquer, no nations to be born, no places to run to any longer.

So, some of us believe in a resurrection, some believe that what we have here is all there is, some believe we will come back as a dog or cat, some really dont care.

But we pursevere in our search for something better, detaching ourselves from the primitive, controlling thinking and we share what we know and learn with others, FREELY, I might add.

We are a small group of people that have broken away from a larger one, and there are others that have lived in lies, fogs, darkness..........whom we do not know that have broke free from their chains, blazing trails where ever they may be.

Yet, we all gravitate to one another.

The old dies off and the new carries on, Hopefully we are making a difference for the future of the thinking, feeling, humanity of this planet.

purps

• educ8self
    educ8self

A wonderful expression, Purps. I didn't want to reply for a little while just to let it stand on it's own.

The only thing I'd add is the outer reflects the inner, so what we think and feel is really a reflection of the pioneering spirit of the inner space.

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

You are right!

And I have a sneaky feeling that the "large group" we have left is getting rapidly smaller!

Nearly every week I am hearing of JWs who are being disfellowshipped (and not going back!) - I feel we could start a new trend in "Congratulations" cards!!

It is a major step that every one of us has taken!

Well done to all of us and long may it continue!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Purps, your threads are getting to be too deep for me. I'm struggling to figure out what to have for lunch.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

So I'm still a pioneer! That's great, I just changed teams thats all! Yeah, cool.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

sorry, did not mean to be too deep.

I just think that we are making a difference, much bigger than we give ourselves credit for. Maybe I think too much of us, but going through the experiance alone and what we learn from it and how we relate to others, surely must have an impact. And we are not the only ones breaking free from mind cult thinking.

btw, keysor, what did you fineally decide to have for lunch?

purps

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    So I'm still a pioneer! That's great, I just changed teams thats all! Yeah, cool.

lol, at least now you dont have to turn in time!!!!

purps

• changeling
    changeling

That's a nice spin you put on things purps!

changeling

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Yet, we all gravitate to one another.

By and large, I agree Purps, I just think that since we have exerted ourselves to find our way to freedom, we must beware of not being caught in another process of dependence. Gravitating around one another is helpful to get support, and provide some if we can, for a while. IMO that shouldn't last too long. We must learn autonomy from meeting places like this forum, and then move on to fly with our own wings. Of course, depending on the amount of time we've spent with JWs, this duration is variable. However, the ultimate goal is to leave the WTS as a thing of the past, to the point that we don't even find it necessary to keep harping on our past misfortune or exposing the WTS's past or current misdeeds. I feel all the more free to say this that I've not reached this point yet.

• educ8self
    educ8self

Ultimately it doesn't matter. You can be free from something, but complete freedom includes being free to do it. So if being on this forum is not necessarily indicative of being dependent, then it is really a matter of how things are for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit