Did the time come when it became unbearable to walk in the Kingdom Hall?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

I didn't attend any meetings in the month of August. I worked too many hours and I just don't care any longer. Just the thought of driving 45 minutes,greeting brothers and sisters who don't really care about each other,singing the dreadful songs,listening to the boring talk(which are repeats of a repeat),going over the slanted Watchtower study and then driving another 45 minutes home.

How did you feel when you knew that it was becoming unbearable to attend another meeting?

• Gill
    Gill

I stopped going!

I couldn't even bear to walk past the KH never mind go in it! I can't stand to see dubbies in the street. Their arrogant attitude makes me sick! I become totally intolerant of them and everything about them. I love being shunned by my relatives.....though that took time. Why would any one want to spend time with people who see everyone else as either a ticket to their own salvation or as a corpse and bird food? As I said I cannot tolerate their intolerance and arrogance!

As time went by they became less of an irritation.

It all gets easier.

And now it's time to help expose them for what they really are.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    How did you feel when you knew that it was becoming unbearable to attend another meeting?

I didn't let the door hit me in the you-know-where.

It felt so good to be set free from checkin' my brains at that door.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It never bothered me as I recall because I was attending very rarely towards the end and didn't see them enough or get exposed to the boring talks to the degree that it would become intolerable.

• educ8self
    educ8self

I just couldn't bring myself to do it anymore, because I would essentially be violating my own integrity.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Yes.

Hence, I'm nvrgnbk.

• ronin1
    ronin1

Yes........for many months my husband & I did not want to be bothered.

Now we can walk into a KH, (knowing what we know and understanding the brainwashing, etc.), listen to a Sunday talk and walk out.

I still cannot stomach sitting throught the WT study.......................

Ronin1

• Hermano
    Hermano
    I just couldn't bring myself to do it anymore, because I would essentially be violating my own integrity.

Word Homey!!!!

• educ8self
    educ8self

I mentioned this in another thread, but shortly before I stopped going I got so upset at a CO's talks that I handed him a letter after a service meeting one day - I wasn't going out though!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I just stopped going all together in the last 6 months. I just cant stand going back! I missed my first Convention this year. Watched movies in my pyjamas instead. And felt "spiritually" liberated about it. Brothers came over to "help" me out in service. I took their phone number to arrange a Witnessing day, Me - "Yeah I'll call you soon, sounds good bye, bye." {Scrunch, scrunch, Bin}

I'm amazed how fun Sundays can be! No wonder worldly people live for weekends. Spending time at the beach, in a park with my dog brings me closer to Jehovah spiritually. And I don't have to wear a tie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit