OMG, I'm going to die :(

by lola28 33 Replies latest jw friends

• ness
    ness

its spring here in Oz. YAY!

i remember people at the doors commenting to my parents about the heat and dragging us kids out in it. but my mum used to pack me a little sandwich and an icy drink. it wasn't all bad lol...i would have rather been at home on Saturday morning watching cartoons, but what can you do?

the thing that always gave me the shits as a kid was that when we did go out, we couldn't just go for an hour. it had to be 3 hours, my father had to set an 'example.' there was something called the "11am syndrome" where people seemed to finish up at 11 and this was frowned upon as half hearted. bah...don't get me thinking about this stuff it just makes me mad.

errm, anyway, nice day out eh?

• brinjen
    brinjen
    Gotta love the heat. So much more u can do, like going to the beach. Nothing I like more than laying back on the verandah with a icy cold beer. As long as you've got air con for the very hot days!! Gotta love air con.

Gotta love northern Australia!

• WT=watchtrouble
    WT=watchtrouble

Hey Brinjen, Don't you have crocs in your backyard in Darwin? LMAO

Funny how tourists expect Kangaroos in backyards in Oz.

• Highlander
    Highlander
    So technically, that would make it "sacrificial" puke, poured out upon Jehovah's altar?

When you consider that jehovah bastard enjoys animal sacrifices, war, murder, and foreskin removal I doubt he is that impressed over a bit of vomit. Maybe next time you can vomit and crap your pants at the same time. That might impress him!

• WT=watchtrouble
    WT=watchtrouble

Gotta Love Queensland better. The best part of the country. Just need it to rain to break the drought.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Ugh, it was hot here today. It must have reached 85 or so.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Hey Brinjen, Don't you have crocs in your backyard in Darwin? LMAO

Funny how tourists expect Kangaroos in backyards in Oz.

Know what you mean, I once had a tourist ask me how long our days were here, if they are 24 hours like they are in the States

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Lola what kind of topic u have there?

hibie

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

As a kid, I would throw up in service from the heat. Never stopped my parents.

changeling

Awww, changeling! How awful. I'm glad you don't have to do that anymore.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

This reminds me (sadly) of the time my youngest daughter at age 15, passed out right at the door on a humid summer day. The STUFF we put our kids through......all for the Watchtowergod......

Anway, it was in the 40's (upstate NY) here Saturday night. Several maple trees have already turned colors as if it was Autumn. (sigh)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit