OMG, I'm going to die :(

by lola28 33 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

As a kid, I would throw up in service from the heat. Never stopped my parents.

changeling

We had our conventions at Dodger stadium in California. I remember getting heat stroke from sitting in the sun for hours on end with no Umbrella for shade. Threw up in the men's room...I was about ten years of age at the time. Didn't get an ounce of sympathy from anyone in my family.

BP

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

We had our conventions at Dodger stadium in California. I remember getting heat stroke from sitting in the sun for hours on end with no Umbrella for shade. Threw up in the men's room...I was about ten years of age at the time. Didn't get an ounce of sympathy from anyone in my family.

BP

LOL, I had a very similar experience at a convention in Montreal, the Olympic Stadium, it was freaking hot and the roof was open. I was sitting on the floor and got heat stroke, threw up all over my friend Cindy's new shoes, she was not impressed. Continued throwing up for the next 12 hours, but my parents never took me the hospital, nothing, I would be fine, attending the convention and obeying Jehovah was all that mattered.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Continued throwing up for the next 12 hours, but my parents never took me the hospital, nothing, I would be fine, attending the convention and obeying Jehovah was all that mattered.

So technically, that would make it "sacrificial" puke, poured out upon Jehovah's altar?

• brinjen
    brinjen
    They have winter in Oz?

LOL, yes we have winter in Oz, down south.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    So technically, that would make it "sacrificial" puke, poured out upon Jehovah's altar?

LMAO, yup exactly nvr. I am sure he was so pleased I was at the sessions the next morning.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Stayed in Buena Park for a week 2 weeks ago, and I can vouch for that. Scorching in the lineups at Knotts Berry Farm.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Brin,

How cold do the winters get in SA? I have a friend in Adelaide who tells me it hardly ever goes below zero. See to us here in the "Great White North" umm, that's not winter, that's fall.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

After a few weeks in 100+ weather, we finally got a break!!! In fact ... It is supposed to be a high of 89 tomorrow! YAY! Low of 71 tonight .. like PARADISE! (lol)

• brinjen
    brinjen
    How cold do the winters get in SA? I have a friend in Adelaide who tells me it hardly ever goes below zero. See to us here in the "Great White North" umm, that's not winter, that's fall.

Good point Sweetstuff. We had a 'cold snap' a couple of months ago, maximum temp was 22C, in Darwin that's cold we were wearing jumpers. The tourists were laughing at us

• WT=watchtrouble
    WT=watchtrouble

Gotta love the heat. So much more u can do, like going to the beach. Nothing I like more than laying back on the verandah with a icy cold beer. As long as you've got air con for the very hot days!! Gotta love air con.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit