The most irritating dub(s) you had to put up with?

by greendawn 22 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

For me it was a ministerial servant a real boor who always told me off and humiliated me for all sorts of silly reasons whenever I went to the FS group that he headed. I soon stopped going there.

He even gave talks that were incredibly boring and brain duling and not surprisingly I recently heard that in his mid fourties he abandoned his aging wife who was of a similar age and run away with a woman in her early twenties that is half his age. Back then I could see he had a weakness for good looking women.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Me. Only I didn't realize it then

• exwitless
    exwitless

Many of them were irritating.

There was one elder who was the WT conductor. He thrived on making people feel guilty and worthless. Every blasted time he began the study, he'd say, and I quote "There's nothing difficult about the lesson, so I would expect full participation from everyone today." I mean every time!! Even when the material was a little complicated, he'd say it. When he would say it, LDB and I would mouth the words silently to each other and roll our eyes. Then when we'd be getting down to the last two questions, he'd always say "This may be your last opportunity to participate, for those of you who haven't commented yet." Yeah, like I felt like raising my hand after he just pointed that out to everyone. Ugh! And he was not a good WT conductor. Boring, boring, boring, monotone, boring . . .

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

There are so many elders and MS's with annoying voices and quirky mannerisms and styles on the platform that I cannot even begin to count. But the JW's who loved the sound of their own voice and feel everyone needs to hear it by constantly answering up. Some would have their hand up nearly every bloody paragraph. Self-righteous *ssholes used to annoy the living sh*t out of me. Thank goodness I don't have to tolerate these supercilious twits anymore.

• changeling
    changeling

The ones that smelled funny.

changeling

• flipper
    flipper

My ex-wife. tried to put up with her for 19 years for the sake of the kids. Thank god I got out. She's still a devout witness. But she lives hour and a half away, thankfully for me and Mrs. Flipper

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

It has to be the service overseer we had. He used to whistle to cover his farts on the field service, most often in front of a householder. 'Dave', it didnt fool anyone!!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

exwitless:

There's nothing difficult about the lesson,

Your WT conductor was correct..there was nothing difficult about the lessons.... because IT WAS THE SAME BORING BULL$HIT repackaged, regurgitated, reprocessed, re-everything year after year. Any FU#kING JW IDIOT who had been a dub more than a year could parrot back the answers in the Craptower lessons. Thinking....puuuhleeeese.

And you were right about the WT conductor making people feel guilty about not participating. Ours did it in the previous KH I was in. Elders were told NOT to make that comment in our elder's schools...guess what? They did it anyway. I wonder if anything changed after the April 2007 letter to the elders regarding WT Conductor Guidelines?

The WT conductor at the last KH where I served as an elder was an absolute bore. He talked all the time....talked when there were hands up...which would then go down as he ran his pie hole. He was always making stupid jokes and had this little heh heh laugh and insulting his wife from the platform. His wife would continue the banter from her seat. I think she was drunk half the time. She ran that roost (both at home and the elders through him..she couldnt run me...so he ran me out). He expressed his opinion about education (i.e., "you dont need college, just graduate HS and get a 40 hr week job afterward"... uh....the factories are all closing...even yours is at risk you fuc%ing idiot) and other things from the platform. I have watched bible students walk out and never come back (heyyy..maybe he did have some use after all ).

SnakesInTheTower (of the "no longer attends WT 'lessons' anymore" Sheep Class)

PS to choosing life: you wanna chime in here with stories about this fool? LOL!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Two of the elders on one of the BOEs on which I "served".

One had an IQ of, I'm guessing, 85.

The other was just simply an asshole.

• Hermano
    Hermano
    Some would have their hand up nearly every bloody paragraph.

Ouch! That used to be me. It was the only way I could keep from going crazy from the boredom!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit