52%OF AMERICAN JWS ARE NON-WHITE

by badboy 40 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Is calling someone "coloured" racisist?..I`ve got all colours of friends and family..Black,yellow,red..You name it,we got it.....We don`t like racial slurs,but I`ve never heard of the word "coloured" being bad..But then again..I`ve never used that word to discribe anyone...OUTLAW

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

outlaw, where i am from, it's considered a racial slur. sorry if i offended you.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I don't think that saying "colored" means that anyone is racist, just not up to date with the "accepted" term. Personally I'd rather be called Black than African or Afro (I get visions of big hair) American, but that's just me.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i don't see why we feel the need to divide ourselves with terms of any kind.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I could do without them

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

mrs. jones.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Bigreaux..I`m not offended..I appreciate you telling me how things are in your part of the world..........Mrs.Jones..I understand..Some of the really old folks here,still refer to black people as "Darkies"..I guess it was acceptable in the stone age,but I know it would piss off my Black friends..LOL!!..It just dosen`t sound right in this day and age...OUTLAW

• Hermano
    Hermano

4 out of 5 dentist recommend Trident gum.

• Justahuman24
    Justahuman24

"I thought the blacks were about 10% of the US population to combine blacks and hispanics doesnt make sense to me. Hispanics are spanish speaking people of all colors. America was settled, developed, plundered and raped by white Europeans. The white Spaniards came in second in the battle for the spoils. Their progeny are hispanics." - jaguarbass

Actually, the "white Spaniards" did NOT come in second. They came in FIRST! The first permanent settlement in the Americas was by the Spanish in the island of St. Augustin. And the first settlement in what is now the U.S. was in Florida by the Spanish too. So, yes, the "white Europeans" settled, plundered and raped America but the first ones were the Spanish people.

Justahuman - but super nonetheless

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Statistics are deceptive things.

A couple of years ago, the police in the UK were warning of the dangers of drink driving by quoting the statistics that 4 out of every 10 people involved in motoring accidents had consumed some alcohol.

This really means that 60% of all motorists involved in accident were stone cold sober. Based on these findings the risk of an accident whilst driving diminishes if one has a drink. A bit of an own goal - hu?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit