Yet another UNBEARABLE meeting of stupidity

by Orgull 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Orgull
    Orgull

Some will remember the painful fiasco of my last meeting. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/141032/1.ashx

Last night was only the Bookstudy. It's only an hour. How bad could it be?

Well I came within seconds of 'Apostacy' and being DF'ed. Whee!

I got asked to read. Just before the meeting started, the Overseer mentioned those who would be leaving the group to go to the newly formed group. My best friend and his wife have been having problems and have missed A LOT of meetings in the past few months. When the Overseer got to their names, the group's Assistant says "Who?" with a big shit-eating grin on his face. As if they haven't been to a meeting in so long we don't know who they are anymore.

I nearly punched him.

So the meeting started and I read through gritted teeth for the first few paragraphs. When we got to the part about "the Bible Students foresaw for 40 years before that 1914 would be the end of the gentile times" I thought "No, they didn't, they thought they were already in Christ's Presence since 1874 and that the Great Tribulation would END in 1914. The understanding that Christ's Presence BEGAN in 1914 wasn't clarified until 1920 in the Watchtower." I read from the paragraph, knowing that I was reading A LIE and it made me sick to my stomach.

But I held back. I stayed calm.

Near the end of the study however, I lost my composure.

When I got to the line about "the light getting brighter" my self-control slipped. I rolled my eyes and read the line with bitter sarcasm. Then I switched back to my normal tone of voice and kept reading.

I fully expected to be called before a JC, but apparently everyone thought my throat had tightened due to phlegm (I suffer from BAD reflux esophagitis) so they overlooked it. -sigh-

I couldn't wait to get out of there. Of course the Italian brother in our group, who's daughter (she's an elders wife) has actually called people up and told them not to invite me to certain gatherings or her and her husband won't 'support' them, well that brother decided I needed a huge bear hug before I left.

Sheesh.

P.S. That sister is permanently pissed off at me because of an incident where she and the other pioneers changed the time of a service arrangement to suit their needs, since they figured no one else would show up that day... but I did, and I raised a fuss and she got in MAJOR shit from the elders for it. So I'm persona non grata to her now. "By this they will know that you are my disciples, if you have love amongst yourselves"... right.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I feel for ya bro. I can't be easy having to read that knowing what you do now.

BB

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    the group's Assistant says "Who?" with a big shit-eating grin on his face. As if they haven't been to a meeting in so long we don't know who they are anymore.

That's the same dumb attitude that got my goat every time it happened. Can you just FEEL the love?

• changeling
    changeling

Quit! Nuf said.

changeling

• unique1
    unique1

Wow that must have sucked balls!!

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

My goes out to you sweetie.

• arker
    arker

I would of called him on his actions. That is the kind of attitude that is probably a factor in why they were not there in the first place.

Or you could turn it back on them. Everyone has faults and issues and the good thing being a JW is that everyone else seems to know yours but in return you know there's. So next time just say " oh I forgot to tell you, we missed you in service Sat." or you could say " Oh mister overseer have you talked to them or stopped by to visit them. Not to make them feel guity, or to say anything about meetings or service at all, but just to talk sports, news, vacations, ect.?"

JW's never seem to be able to talk to faders without it being a guilty preach fest. Why not just visit, have dinner, see a movie, hang out like the rest of the world does if they haven't seen a friend for a while. They don't say "where have you been, Why haven't you called me, you need help, ect"

Just a thought....

• minimus
    minimus

Orgull, I would regularly, almost uncontrollably spit, cough, wheeze and regurgitate aloud everytime I was asked to read (bullsh*t).

• Hermano
    Hermano

Orgull, this is going to sound horrible, but I love your posts because they make me feel so much better about my life. No matter how bad I think my life is, at least I don't have to sit through meetings anymore.

My heart goes out to you bro.

• anewme
    anewme

Ditto what Hermano said!

Love your post!

It put me right back in that nauseating meeting. (And to think I used to love those meetings when I believed. But when I was on to the control techniques used, I came to resent everything.)

Anewme

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit