Yet another UNBEARABLE meeting of stupidity

by Orgull 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• moshe
    moshe

Good luck on faking a positive JW attitude. I couldn't keep my mouth shut and I was surprised when other JW's weren't happy to hear about all the skeletons I had uncovered in the WT dungeon. The less said the better, if you are trying to avoid confrontation.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Here is one good way to reduce these nasty reading assignments. If you are scheduled to read, don't show up. Don't call ahead and tell them you won't be there, either. Just don't show up. If you "forget" to set your alarm clock or you "have to work late", that is a perfect excuse. If you do that enough times, they will stop calling on you to read. Plus the conductor will likely get stuck reading.

If you are the conductor, that works even better. They do not like having a conductor not show up without calling. Do that enough times, and it's a matter of time before you are removed from that assignment. That's how I got removed from my assignment (by missing too many meetings, and then they had to find someone to fill in for me). I also did that for my last talk (I purposely forgot to set my alarm clock to get up for it), and I blew it off.

If you are not scheduled for a reading assignment and you get stuck subbing, a good coughing fit will usually solve that problem. Or, you can pretend to have a nasty headache and cannot read. Or start showing up looking like a ragamuffin. That way, you will not get picked to read. And there is one surefire way to make sure you never get picked to read. If you get a judicial reproof, they cannot pick you to read no matter what. Getting disfellowshipped works even better, since they have to wait some time after you get reinstated before you are allowed "privileges". (Maybe next time, you read the paragraph and comment on its being a lie. I guarantee that will be the last time you ever read.)

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

And THAT's why I play hooky for the bookstudy. Oh well, at least I don't have to read or do talks anymore.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Just because you're asked to read, doesn't mean you have to.

No Apologies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit