follow up to dating...(online or otherwise)..any suggestions?

by SnakesInTheTower 30 Replies latest members private

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I want to say something about sending signals and I remember Terry writing about this at one time

Unless someone knocks me over the head, I dont get the signals.

I tend to have always been with very aggressive men, mostly agressively sexual men.

When men just talk and talk and talk, I think they just want to be friends, and I dont mind talking at all.

I am really messed up when it comes to dating, and it seems to take me forever to let the real me show through.

purps

• Terry
    Terry

I don't date.

I don't like dating.

The artificiality of two strangers on their best behavior turns me off.

I sometimes get "signals" from women. But, I can't interpret them. So, I pretend not to notice.

I like to speak my mind directly with women and be charming but real.

I know in my heart of hearts that if I meet one I'm strongly attracted to there is no power in heaven or upon the Earth that can keep me from going for the gold!

That's my problem. I'm waiting for the hydrogen bomb and not the fluttering butterfly.

If I wait much longer I'll be worm food.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

thats how i feel and then i get panickeeee

but i am getting now to where it just doesnt bother me much, its too much work

purps

• Terry
    Terry

thats how i feel and then i get panickeeee

but i am getting now to where it just doesnt bother me much, its too much work

Absolutely right.

I'm not going to build a pyramid single handedly.

I just don't care.

I mean, I do....sometimes....a little...but it passes.

I'm quite sure it is just hormones. (I'm not kidding.)

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

ohhhhhhhhhhh, look for a sultry, seductive, erotic, passionate pm......... a fix

passionatepurplesofa!!!

lol

• choosing life
    choosing life

Snakes,

Have you tried meeting ladies not in dub land? I think you would have a much better chance there. The "sisters" can be brutal to a nice man. When I first started reading your posts on here, I was surprised because you came across so engaging and not so serious as I remember you at the hall.

You are very sincere and funny. I am sure you would treat any woman you dated as a lady. Don't let the borg stop you, go outside. It may be hard at first to break the stigma of dating a "worldly" girl, but I think you will get a more honest reaction with them. Where to meet them, I am not sure. My husband and I met at a bar on dime beer night. Worked for us.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I tend to be a little aggresive with men.I scare them.

My last BF and I met online.We emailed for a couple of weeks then I gave him my number and he gave me his.We talked on the phone for hours.We agreed to meet the following night.So it ended up that he came to my house to pick me up and we went out and talked.We talked for hours.He invited me to come listen to him play the next night.I agreed and he drove me home.He didn't even try to kiss me.I was like WTF??

So the next night I went to the bar to hear him play.I sat and listened and enjoyed myself.After we left he was driving me home I asked him upstairs to watch a movie.He had no idea what I was about to do.LOL I kissed him just to see what the reaction I would get was.At that point I didn't know if he liked me or was attracted to me at all.He never gave me signals either way.Lets just say we were together for a year and a half after that.He always told me if I hadn't kissed him first he wouldn't have had the guts to kiss me.At least not that night.

BTW bald is sex to most women.I know I like bald guys as much as guys with hair.

• Terry
    Terry

ohhhhhhhhhhh, look for a sultry, seductive, erotic, passionate pm......... a fix

passionatepurplesofa!!!

lol

Too shy!

• Terry
    Terry

My last BF and I met online.We emailed for a couple of weeks then I gave him my number and he gave me his.We talked on the phone for hours.We agreed to meet the following night.So it ended up that he came to my house to pick me up and we went out and talked.We talked for hours.He invited me to come listen to him play the next night.I agreed and he drove me home.He didn't even try to kiss me.I was like WTF??

So the next night I went to the bar to hear him play.I sat and listened and enjoyed myself.After we left he was driving me home I asked him upstairs to watch a movie.He had no idea what I was about to do.LOL I kissed him just to see what the reaction I would get was.At that point I didn't know if he liked me or was attracted to me at all.He never gave me signals either way.Lets just say we were together for a year and a half after that.He always told me if I hadn't kissed him first he wouldn't have had the guts to kiss me.At least not that night.

That pretty much describes me. An anvil has to fall on my head.

• educ8self
    educ8self

You know, I had the good intention to read through this thread but frankly for me being free means I don't even care that much about this. I mean I do care, but it goes back to getting bent out of shape, overanalyzing and I don't even have the patience to look at actual societal norms very closely which I know would be relevant.

So of course, I agree with being yourself - and that's about as close to confidence as I can get. I mean confident or not confident just doesn't make sense if you're being yourself right? You are just who you are, what.. the attitude doesn't change who you are, it's just a feeling. So it just doesn't compute. Now I would distinguish that from assertiveness, though. But that also doesn't compute. Maybe part of this is because I'm a guy, but why should I be assertive with a woman when what she wants matters too? I would think it makes more sense to be gracious and think more about what she wants, so this makes no sense to me. Oh well, I think sometimes in the land of the free all these little social norms makes no sense, sometimes I feel like an alien - but I have fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit