Irregular publisher

by Anony-Mouse 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

I almost got declared one. Elder said he wanted to take me out in service so I don't. Said I'd have that for 6 months. I don't even know what it means. I didn't even really care, and wanted to say no.

I was very negative, which is why he spoke to mom after the meeting. Now I HAVE to go out tommorow.

Despite a few jokes about it being about have bowels that don't work properly (always funny) , I don't remember it being explained recently.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And there is good reason to worry. If you go a whole month without reporting any service time, that will go on your record as irregular. It takes six consecutive months of reporting time every month to become "regular" again, though I doubt the blemish ever gets erased since these cards are kept until you die.

Here are the designations: Irregular publisher: One who has had at least one month of service reported during the past 6 months, but has missed at least one month. This is when to expect a lot of hounding calls from Brother Hounder, if you haven't already had them. They want to goad you into going out in service as much as they feel you can, which can far exceed the amount you actually can.

Inactive publisher: One who has not reported service at all within the past 6 months. To be reactivated, you need to turn in a report, though you will still be hounded and goaded until you go 6 months consecutive with reported service.

Notice that only reported time counts. If you go out and do not report it or if you are late in reporting the time, that counts as irregular. The flip side is that you can do an hour of dummy service (which is going out with your magazines and deliberately not placing any) or fake service (which is when you report time you didn't do at all) and still be counted as regular. It appears that a lot of people on this forum have done this. Just a word of caution: If all you want is to stay "regular", all you need to report is 1 hour. They become highly suspicious if people who did no service report something like 25 or 30 hours in the month.

Of course, there is another card you can play. If you let yourself go irregular, and then inactive, you might be able to fade out. If you don't have family ties or employment or housing that is keeping you in the Tower, you might also wish to write a disassociation letter. That will end the hounding, but you will be cut off from others in the congregation. Only you can determine what is best for you. But, if you truly wish to remain "active" but do not want to go out, just turn in a report with one or two fake hours.

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

Personally I wouldn't write a disassociation letter.

When I left a few years ago I considered writing to the local PO. But then I realised that by doing that I was acknowledge to them the none-existent "power" that they have over you.

Plus it will then be seen that you as the individual took the step to disassociate yourself, rather than them disfellowshipping you.

It may only be a minor point - but in my opinion it is best not to give the elders the "illusion" that they have any real power.

The power they think they have is all in the heads.

Don't feed their delusions!

Just my thoughts!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I'd thank him for the offer...then tell him "I'll pass on your invitation." there polite and simple.

if you do HAVE to go, tell him the truth as to why you don't want to be there with him.

good luck.

lisa

• Scully
    Scully

Good grief. It almost sounds like you're getting points taken off your drivers licence the way he describes it.

Here's something that I used to do to allow me to count the time. I used to get panic attacks having to talk at the doors, so I would just ask the person I was with if they'd mind doing the talking because I didn't want to make a bad impression on the householders in case I had an attack in the middle of a presentation. I would be on the verge of tears and not be in any condition to talk to strangers.

So you go and spend an hour and a half letting other people do all the work. If they make you work alone, have some anti-witnessing tracts in your bag and give those out instead.

Start talking about all the people you are witnessing to informally. Note that nobody can prove or disprove that you are doing that. Write a number down on your service report that's believable. 15 minutes a day at school or at work = 5 hours per month. That's what they want to see. They don't care if it's door-to-door, informal or a number pulled out of your backside. It keeps the circuit overseer off their backs.

• eclipse
    eclipse

If I was still active and going out in service, I would go alone.

I have this presentation in my mind:

''Hi, My name is eclipse, and I realize that I am here at your door uninvited.

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and normally I would be here peddling the watchtower and awake to you.

But I am here with a different message today.

I am not here to preach to you, and I thank you for allowing me to continue, I will not take up too much of your time.

Do you know why we come to your door every Saturday morning? (allow them to respond)

We are told that if we do not, we will be bloodguilty for your death. Yes, we are told by the watchtower bible and tract society that anyone who is not a baptized member of the jehovah's witnesses is going to be destroyed at armegeddon. We are told to make converts, and if you do not convert, we are taught that you are going to die.

The fear of Armegeddon is their way of keeping control over the 6.7 million witnesses, it is their way of keeping them peddling their magazines, to try and get money from you, the householder. and if you do not pay, then the witnesses themselves, pay out of their own pockets. They have died for the society's stance on blood. And if we take blood, we are banished from the religion and cut off from family and friends, and taught that we are going to die at armegeddon if we take blood, or give blood to our dying children..

Yet, because they are brainwashed, they can't see how they are being fleeced and controlled just like sheep. Ironically that is what they refer to themselves as.

Next time a witness comes to your door, feel free to tell them what you think of them, instead of just saying you are not interested.

And if you never want to be bothered by them again, just tell them to put you on their do-not-call list.

Yes they keep a record of every house they visit. By the way, armegeddon is just a myth..

Thank you for giving me your time, and Have a nice day!''

(I know it's long.)

• TopHat
    TopHat

"Publisher" Get OUT there and place those mags for the Watchtower publishing company....Never mind that you might be spirituall minded....It's the Placement of those MAGs that will get you into paradise.

• unique1
    unique1

Gotta love the harassment. I hope you are good at zoning out. Good luck tomorrow.

• changeling
    changeling

Irregular = anyone who misses at least on month FS in a six month period.

Inactive = anyone who misses 6 consecutive months of FS.

• minu
    minu

Eclipse

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit