Irregular publisher

by Anony-Mouse 17 Replies latest jw friends

• R.F.
    R.F.
    I was very negative, which is why he spoke to mom after the meeting. Now I HAVE to go out tommorow.

You've lost faith in Jah(well the WT version) so he went and tattled on you to get you forced into Dub activities.

Gotta love the Dubs!!

R.F.

• Mum
    Mum

Scully and eclipse -

I'll pm you my phone # and e-mail if you'd like to do some "informal" witnessing. I'll be nice but firm.

• changeling
    changeling

By the way, after 42 years as a regular publisher I quit FS cold turkey when I found out about the UN issue. I lived in anxious expectation of the six month mark, knowing it would brand me inactive. When I reached it, it felt likeI had met the most amazing goal. I've now been inactive for 1 year and I count it as a triumph.

changeling

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

Well...I can't fake it :P .

I became an unbaptized publisher very young (still am unbaptized) . So mom would do my field service report FOR me. She still does. Also, I don't go out without her.

And I went on RV calls today with that elder....I did a buncha nothing.

I'm also too young to fade. And I don't need to disassociate cuz I'm not baptized. Mom's kind of a JW slacker, I guess :P . She never pushed me as much as she was supposed to. No dunk for me, never will.

Also, I've kept my real views hidden so far just for the sake of my family. I mean, I don't really like them, but I wanna save them the embarrassment at least.

I'm also good at zoning out. So it was no problem. I did kinda blow up at mom this morning cuz I was pissed...but thats about all that was negative.

And this elder isn't all bad. He's really nice (taking me fishing in a few weeks) . He bought me lunch....

I did feel a bit bad the way he explained it tho. I felt more like a statistic.

• Scully
    Scully
    Well...I can't fake it :P .

I became an unbaptized publisher very young (still am unbaptized) . So mom would do my field service report FOR me. She still does. Also, I don't go out without her.

You know what? This is a perfect "out". Listen, you are almost 18 - almost an adult in a lot of places. Why is your mom still doing this for you? That's just weird on more than a few levels. Isn't your field service supposed to be between you and god? Maybe you could talk to the elders about how you're feeling mixed up because you're supposed to be approaching adulthood, yet your mom insists on doing things for you like filling out your service report. You don't want to hurt her feelings, but you think you should be taking responsibility for those kinds of things yourself. Trust me, they'll have a talk with her. They don't want you to turn into some kind of "whipped" guy. At least not by your mom.

And I went on RV calls today with that elder....I did a buncha nothing.

Good. Mission accomplished.

I'm also too young to fade. And I don't need to disassociate cuz I'm not baptized. Mom's kind of a JW slacker, I guess :P . She never pushed me as much as she was supposed to. No dunk for me, never will.

Also good. You're more or less untouchable if you don't get baptized. Keep it that way.

And this elder isn't all bad. He's really nice (taking me fishing in a few weeks) . He bought me lunch....

Really they aren't bad people - most of them, anyway. Just misguided. Be very careful of the fishing trip - it may be a fishing expedition in more ways than one. Be wary of tactics that are designed to get you to open up about your real feelings.

I did feel a bit bad the way he explained it tho. I felt more like a statistic.

That's because that's all you are to the WTS.

• exwitless
    exwitless

I hate that term "irregular". Sounds like the elders should be prescribing some ExLax or Metamucil!!

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

I'm irregular now and halfway to inactive! June, July, and now August will be my first 3 no field service months since I was baptized 20 years ago. I'm still waiting on the fallout, so far all i've gotten is a call at the end of each month asking for my time. Not sure if the wife even knows I'm not reporting yet... I think if you can handle what you will get initially from the elders it will be worth the effort. I imagine after a couple months they'll just figure you're not worth the trouble...at least that's what I'm hoping.

Morph

• exwitless
    exwitless

Ooh, I hated those calls from the cong. secretary at the end of the month asking for my time. He called for at least 6-8 months after I quit turning it in. It got to be rediculous. As though after 6 months of me telling him "none" I was suddenly going to say, "oh, I forgot to turn it in, but I got 20 hours this month."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit