How to get the programming out of my mind.

by Apostate.Jr 37 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

How to get the programing out of your mind?

A frontal labotomy.

Or was that a bottle in front of me?

• Twitch
    Twitch

Welcome Jr Apostate

All in good time son, all in good time,.....

• Terry
    Terry

Apostate Jr. you already have the programming out of your mind.

If you can think; you are free.

Feeling things and taking the consequences of that is freedom. Freedom sucks.

That is why so many want to become mindlessly dependant. Being rational feels awful.

Better to be narcotized and robotic, some think.

But, it gets worse.

You have to make a giant leap of UNfaith and understand NOBODY knows anything.

People just either pretend to KNOW or delude themselves that others have answers.

They don't.

So, stand up straight and take your medicine or crawl back to the Kingdom Hall.

Otherwise, you'll skulk about letting some other group manipulate you with a better ear-tickling rendition of the same old same old.

Who is responsible? YOU are responsible.

Now get to work building a life and leave the breast-beating to the sad losers who question themselves to death about silly nothings.

I keep the back door unlocked in case God wants to sneak back in and have his old room back. Otherwise, I'm in charge!

Smile. It doesn't mater that you are ignorant about the important questions in life. Be satisfied that the pretenders are pretending and the liars are lying to save themselves the heartache of admitting they don't know doodly squat.

• educ8self
    educ8self
    Jesus mentioned in the scripture that there would be ones that said, did we not prophecy in your name.... etc, but that he would not recognize them. Did this mean that there would be only one true religion?

Isn't it more about hypocrisy than following a certain way? The thing is there are people who consider themselves Christians but they're not exactly the loving neighbor type, but might shove the doctrines they believe in down people's throats, doing the works in Jesus name. I mean breaking it down to really basic terms a kid can understand, it's about being a good person right? People who only know how to follow rules lose the natural sensibility in how to live and treat other people.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome ApostateJr.

Lots of good advice will come from reading this forum - perhaps some bad advise too. But you are doing the mental exercises that it takes to finally determine your course of thinking. Good for you.

I would rec that you get and read Ray Franz' book entitled 'In Search of Christian Freedom' if you haven't already. He writes from the perspective you address - as one who remained a Christian after exit from the Watchtower. Four years after I left, I still read parts of it from time to time.

Just a suggestion. That book helped me to deal with issues similar to yours at the outset of my journey.

Jeff

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Welcome to the board.

To answer your question...it takes time. I have been out almost 30 years, and sometimes, I still have trouble with it.

It does get better.

Peace....

• Hermano
    Hermano

Good questions Apostate Jr. I don't have anything else to add, but I did enjoy everyone's answers. Sounds like you are on the way to enjoying a good, guilt-free life.

• Gayle
    Gayle

READ, READ, READ

The WT Society had us reading only "their" stuff 5 hrs. a week, plus extra for meeting preparation and talks, daily texts, plus door to door plus assemblies. To open up your mind and exercise those brain cells and personal reasoning, you need good fresh knowledge. It takes time, but consider all the time you spent with that mind control literature that only has created an impossible "maze" in your head. It can be difficult initially but it does get sweeter and saner. Best Wishes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit