Admiting Mistakes/Poor Judgements?

by choosing life 17 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

No I know Im messed up. Im make mistakes all the time. Why just yesterday.... no... that was his fault... ummm

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

I used to find it so hard to admit I made a mistake.. acknowledging that I did somehow gave me the feeling I was a mistake or a failure. It was the all or nothing.. black and white.. way of thinking.

I now and for a long time now have no problem acknowledging I made a mistake.. accepting I am human.. and can fail without imagining I am a failure.

I also find as pointed out in the first post: That a simple, heartfelt ("I am sorry") means more to me than anything.

• PEC
    PEC

It is NVRGNBK fault, he made me do it.

Philip

• anewme
    anewme

It is dangerous to admit mistakes to the wrong people.
    You find that out early on in life.
    Its no different when you become a company or run an institution.
    Your auto insurance will advise you not to admit to culpability on your part
    when you become involved in an accident. Their reasoning is that you may
    or may not be the responsible party after all the evidence is in.
    To admit the mistake was all yours may be an error.

Law suits and jail time and all sorts of repercussions follow admissions of guilt.

As for the Virginia Tech massacre, the truth is we are all
    learning how to react properly to terrorism. This will become
    another sad learning experience. There should be clear guidelines for
    institutions which care for children.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The lady they interviewed just wanted an apology from the university, nothing more

My reaction is the above is a bullshxt news blurb. People back peddal when they get their tit in the ringer.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    It is dangerous to admit mistakes to the wrong people.

Got that right

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I wonder what it is that we are protecting? The ego? If only we could just choose to ignore the ego, merely being amused by it at times. To let down the self preservation walls and choose not to react or be affected. Then mistakes or poor judgements just are, they carry no significance to us.

I still understand the dilemna of admitting mistakes, but I realize it is time to just let them be. What about you?

Admitting mistakes is just part of the problem. To me the bigger half of it is how to repair the damage caused from those mistakes to yourself and others. That is the hardest part I have found, remember you are dealing with other's egos as well.

• blondie
    blondie

You would enjoy this book by Carol Tavris and Elliott Aronson

MISTAKES WERE MADE (BUT NOT BY ME)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit