New tactic in halls with sisters

by darth frosty 35 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Was visiting with some 'friends' who my wife knows last night. They were talking the ussual KH gossip whos gotten married you know the spiel. But, what caught my ear was they were talking about all the recent marriages in the congo(3 this year.) It seem that sister are now taggin young brother and waiting for them to come of age. Of the 3 weddings this year 2 were 18 year old brother marrying 21 year old sisters and the other was a 19 yr old brother and a 23 yr old sister.

Now dont get me wrong brothers have been doing the reverse for years, I just found it interesting that the girls have decided To take the initiative in finding them a mate. Have any of you noticed a similar trend?

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I don't know, maybe it's just the demographics of your area.

It's slim pickings in dub land.

• sspo
    sspo

That's the trend in-out of the congr.

Women are looking for younger men.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I don't think that's all that new. About 15 years ago, in my hall, a 17 year old "boy" married a 25 year old "woman". She'd had her eye on him for a while. They guy couldn't even legally drink at his own wedding!!

BB

• Scully
    Scully

I guess the idea is for the women to get the guys who are at their sexual peak (18 - 21 yrs old) ... it's actually more gossip worthy the older the woman is than the guy, though.

Used to know a 40something woman who married a 20 year old. The tongues were wagging back then... and they continued to wag when he dumped her for a younger woman.

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

in the area of Orlando (at least back in the 80's), older women were marrying younger men all the time.

I mean like 40-50 year old women marying 17-20 year old guys.

I don't think age matters; but it seemed to be a trend for some reason....

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I mean like 40-50 year old women marying 17-20 year old guys.

Hmmm...I AM going to be single soon.

• BrentR
    BrentR

That was the trend 24 yrs ago when I was still in. And I also saw most of those marriages go bad. Most kids at that age do not have the maturity or life experience to make a marriage work. Yet the JW's just keep turning thier heads the other way and keep thinking that each one will turn out fine. To make matters worse we all know how hard it is for JW to get out of a bad marriage without having an even worse situation develope.

Think about the logic of:

Getting married at 18,19 or 20.

Only dating one or two people first.

Not being allowed to go to marriage counseling.

Having to inflict the pain of an affair before divorce is allowed.

Marital rape is allowed with no consequences.

Wives are discouraged from working and husbands are stuck with low paying blue collar jobs. But somehow they are expected to make it all work out financially.

Sounds like the "perfect storm" to me!

• changeling
    changeling

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

changeling

• FlipThis
    FlipThis
    Marital rape is allowed with no consequences.

really??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit