So I told him I love him

by Thinking of Leaving 28 Replies latest social relationships

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

and after a year of dating he didn't say it back to me, said he's not sure what he feels or what it feels like to be in lovehe doesn't love me and it really hurtshow do I move on from this?

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I'm so sorry.

• Clam
    Clam

Hey ((Thinking of Leaving)) - The guy's being honest and not just telling you what you want to hear. Love means different things to different people. It's a very abstract word. Ask him what he does feel for you and see if you're ok with that, at least for now. If your love is unlikely to be returned, then you'll at least be able to move on. I know it's a cliche but there's someone out there for you. It might not be this guy.

Take care

Clam .

• Sassy
    Sassy

well a year should be long enough to know if you love someone or not... maybe you need to let him go..

• free2think
    free2think

I'm really sorry thinking of leaving.

• R.F.
    R.F.

What Clam said...

I'm sorry that you're hurting because of all of this.

R.F.

• Mum
    Mum

I'm sorry. It's hard for some people to express their feelings or to be in touch with them. I'm sorry, but you probably need to move on with your life. Finding the right person for you is more important than clinging to the one who is not the right one.

Hugs,

SandraC

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

I always felt as if he loved me, he treated me so good and seem to care about me so much. So it's a real shock to hear that he doesn't share the same feelings as me. I know I have to move on, it's going to be so hard. Thanks for your advice and support.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    and after a year of dating he didn't say it back to me, said he's not sure what he feels or what it feels like to be in lovehe doesn't love me and it really hurtshow do I move on from this?

Big hugs TOL,

I have to be brutally honest here,(please forgive me for doing so), like I would if I was sitting with one of my girlfriends over coffee. What he said just stinks, plain and simple. It's not like you said, hey what do think about having 5 kids, hmm, not sure how I feel about that hun. He said he wasn't sure if he loved you or what love was! How old is this guy?Sounds like a cop out to me, ohh I so don't know what to say right now, cause I don't love you, so I'll say....

If a man isnt' sure if he loves you, after a year, chances are he is never going to. You've invested a year of your life in this relationship, how much more are you willing to invest? If its simply a matter of him not knowing what love is, what do you think is going to come about to change that? Will he have some grand epiphany or is it far more likely that he is trying to evade dealing with the situation and doesn't want to hurt you?

My two cents? Maybe take a break from each other and give him the time to figure out if he in fact does love you and if he wants this relationship, ask yourself the same questions. Maybe the distance will make him see how he really feels or perhaps it will make you realize you deserve alot more than "not sure". If a man told me after a year he "wasn't sure" he better run fast and far!

Sweetstuff, of the take no crap class

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

he is 42 and said he's never been in love (never married), he's not sure what it feels like. I told him that when you're in love you don't have to question it, it should come naturally without prompting. The things he does for me and the way he treats me makes me feel like he really did love me, this is why it hurts so much. He was just being nice? he wasn't feeling "it" all this time, I wish he had said something sooner to me. I'm going to take your advice and take a break from it all. I guess I don't have a choice. I don't wish to be with anyone who doesn't love me anyhow, I would rather be alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit