I don't have a clue about what I'm doing

by erynw 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• erynw
    erynw

So I downloaded the Interlinear scripture analyzer and I've been playing around with it. I compared Psalms 102:26 to Psalms 146:4. Both of these use the word perish. They are "will perish" and "do perish" respectively.

They both use the same Strong's reference number, H6. But the WLC lists two different versions of the word. Ps 102 has iabdu and Ps 146 uses abdu.

Anywho, I was wondering if I'm doing this right. In both scriptures, the object being discussed, will perish. The earth and the thoughts of the one who goes back to the ground.

• choosing life
    choosing life

You are way above me already. I can't help you!

• erynw
    erynw

Thanks. I really thought someone on here could help me out. I've seen posts in the past from folks doing exactly what I'm attempting. I'm kind of surprised by the 95 views and 1 comment. I'll keep struggling along though.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Hope you get help, unfortunately I am more clueless than you.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Thanks. I really thought someone on here could help me out. I've seen posts in the past from folks doing exactly what I'm attempting. I'm kind of surprised by the 95 views and 1 comment. I'll keep struggling along though

Everyone seems to be more interested in "dating online" and "Werewolf" right now...oh, and whether or not Jesus is bi-sexual. Sorry. Wish I could help, but I'm not familiar with it.

(Now, back to how to increase our sex drive!)

• erynw
    erynw

Dagnabbit, thought I had me some help.

• erynw
    erynw

Everyone seems to be more interested in "dating online" and "Werewolf" right now...oh, and whether or not Jesus is bi-sexual. Sorry. Wish I could help, but I'm not familiar with it.

(Now, back to how to increase our sex drive!)

Well, count me in! Where's the sex forum! In between blind dates and Jesus' sexual orientation, I was kind of thinking I might do a little research. I've already decode the entire book of Hallucinations and am thinking of starting to work on Constipations, but I'm stuck!

• journey-on
    journey-on
    I've already decode the entire book of Hallucinations and am thinking of starting to work on Constipations, but I'm stuck!

LMAO!

• erynw
    erynw
    LMAO!

I cracked myself up on that one too.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Check out http://www.pbcc.org/dc/hebrew/HebVerbCharts.pdf.

You've got an imperfect verb in the first (yiqtol) and a perfect (qatal) verb in the second. The first passage views perishing as a process, i.e. wearing out like an old garment. The second views it altogether as a single event, i.e. at the moment of death. It's simply a different aspectual focus. One is over a duration and the other is not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit