Sinning against the Holy Spirit - Unforgivable? How does one commit it?

by Shawn10538 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

What M.J. said is how I see it too.

The sin is unforgivable because someone who denies the Spirit's power as being from God is also denying His redemptive work in their life - so the person effectively makes themself unforgivable because the Spirit can't work in their heart and life.

Hope that makes sense - it's late and I'm tired lol!

• freeme
    freeme

i always wondered about that one...

some day it hit me like a hammer: the unforgivable sin is willfully sinning. this can not be forgiven... but... you can change your mind and come back... and your sin will be forgiven, since it isnt willfully anymore. its not more like that i bet.

this scripture is not about some mysterious sin which makes you dead meat without any chance when you commit it. thats just bullshit... and if it would be such a thing its would be better explained.

what a loving god would it be who says "there is the unforgivable sin" but dont tells us what it is. so if you commit by accident its just "HAAAHAAA!" and death...

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

Last Sunday’s WT study contains unexpected knew light on the issue of sinning against the Holy Spirit. What has changed? Well, they used to consider that there was in fact a sin that was unforgivable, that after committing such a sin it was not possible to receive forgiveness, which is what the bible seems to suggest. But this knew light, which is indeed total new darkness, reveals that sinning against the Holy Spirit is a combination of blaspheming against something sacred and not repent (see p. 9). It even suggests that had Judas repented for the betrayal, he could have been forgiven (p.10).

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Post how you really feel here and in the end God will read it all back to you before he fries you.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Dont concern yourself with sinning agin Joehovahs Magic Super Partner/Friend.

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

I meant "new light" not "knew light".

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I liked this bit: "Many in Satan’s visible organization sin against the holy spirit by deliberately and willfully disobeying what they know to be written in God’s Word and by not conforming to the new world society when they see the manifest operation of God’s spirit upon his visible organization"

they slide that little bit about conforming to the new world society, even though the scripture actually suggests nothing of the sort. Manipulators of the worst sort.

good thing I'm not worried about the holy spirit, because clearly from the JW position, we have all sinned against the holy spirit.

• Purza
    Purza
    The society has never been clear on this, they only hint at what sinning against the holy spirit might be.

That's because they don't know themselves. Its all bullsh*t and another way to control the flock.

Purza

• PEC
    PEC

An atheist can not sin against the Holy Spirit; because, none of the three exist, God, Holy Spirit or Satan.

Philip

• watson
    watson

Post how you really feel here and in the end God will read it all back to you before he fries you. A valid "apostafear!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit