Sinning against the Holy Spirit - Unforgivable? How does one commit it?

by Shawn10538 29 Replies latest jw friends

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

So does anyone here have a quote from the societys lit that clearly explains what sinning against the holy spirit is?

I bet not....................but maybe someone can prove me wrong.

• watson
    watson

Did you have a particular decade? You see, each decade their is new light...it just happens.

• choosing life
    choosing life

They never really answered this except to hint that certain ones had qualified for this ultimate punishment. Ones like Judas, Adam and Eve, Satan, etc. How could Judas be so distraught that he committed suicide and not be sorry?

The only way I can see an unforgivable sin is if someone is still committing it. It has to be ongoing and not accidental or done in ignorance. It's only unforgivable until they learn from it, which everyone does eventually, I hope.

I mean, think about it, what would you not forgive your child for? Are you more forgiving then God?

• PinTail
    PinTail

One thing for certain, is that through Christ's atoning sacrifice we should not have undue worry that we may have put our selfs into some dreaded circumstance by word or deed.

The fact that it is mentioned in the scriptures shows that there may be some people who may have put them selfs in a un-forgiving position before Jehovah that would be precarious as far as forgiveness is concerned. But the fact that you, are asking would indicate to me that you have nothing to worry about in this regard. To put it into a nut shell, no human should ever presume that they know if someone has offended Jehovah so much that the precious blood of his dear son can not apply to him or her in some matter of sin, only Jehovah can read the heart remember this!

• M.J.
    M.J.

This is the new light?

"But this knew light, which is indeed total new darkness, reveals that sinning against the Holy Spirit is a combination of blaspheming against something sacred and not repent (see p. 9)."

This makes no sense. They're now saying Jesus meant that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is UNFORGIVABLE, UNLESS you're sorry about it? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the key word, UNFORGIVABLE?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I will be a bit clearer on what I think they mean by sinning against the holy spirit. When you see through the non-sequitors and half-truths and outright lies of the religion, you have sinned against its version of the holy spirit. Why? Because at that point, you cannot go back to believing the religious doctrines. Thus, once you see through a religion, it is easier for them to deal with it as the unforgivable sin than to acknowledge the whole religion as a scam.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    They're now saying Jesus meant that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is UNFORGIVABLE, UNLESS you're sorry about it? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the key word, UNFORGIVABLE?

You right MJ, isn't that exactly the same as how regular sinning works?

• AGuest
    AGuest

In order to know what... or WHO... it is that one is doing these things "against," one would have to know what... or, rather, WHO... the Holy Spirit is. It is my Lord, the Son and Christ of God... glorified. When he was still in the flesh, one could speak against him, discredit him, try to fool him, etc., and forgiveness was still at hand. This is because "all authority" had not yet been given him. It was not until he was put to death... and offered his sinless blood as a sacrifice... and became A LIFE-GIVING SPIRIT... that he received all authority... over the living AND the dead, flesh AND spirit, heaven AND earth. While in the flesh, he, too, could have chosen to turn away from God; once he ascended, however, and received his kingdom, it was "sealed."

But sinning against the Holy Spirit, my Lord, is not an easy thing to be guilty of. If that were true, many here would have committed such a sin, as I have not withheld from who I receive what I share, and by means of what Spirit, even though there are often very ridiculing, mean and cutting responses - such being against the very Spirit from who I openly and honestly profess I receive what I share. My Lord is not that "exacting," nor is the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies. They understand that we are just dust... and that we run around thinking we are "rich," when we really are blind and naked and miserable and pitiable. Praise JAH... they are not like us, ready to jump to conclusions and judgment, without thought, withour mercy.

The TRUTH is that blasphemy against my Lord, the Holy Spirit occurs when:

1. It is OBVIOUS to the person in question that the Spirit, my Lord, has been active... which it should have been when the Pharisees saw the lame walk or the dead raised... and yet, because of a HARD and wicked HEART... one CHOOSES to IGNORE that activity; or

2. It is OBVIOUS that the Spirit has NOT been involved... which it should have been when the Pharisees saw a man FREED of a demon... and yet, because of a HARD and wicked HEART... one CHOOSES to BEAR FALSE WITNESS against the Spirit; or

3. When one professes to be IN UNION with the Spirit... and then turns around and tries to DECEIVE that Spirit, God's Word... who is ALIVE... and can divide even down to bone and marrow so that from him NOTHING is hidden.

It is in these cases that one sins "against" him.

I, SA, have spoken it to you just as I have heard it from the Holy One of Israel, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISHAJAH, Son and Christ of the Most Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH of Armies... which One IS the Holy Spirit glorified by God.

"Now the Lord is that Spirit..." 2 Cor. 3:17

Again, I bid you all peace.

Servant to the Household of God, Israel, and all those who go with, and a slave of Christ, to time indefinite,

SA

• Frank75
    Frank75

Following a false prophet like the Watchtower! That would be sinning against the HS

Frank75

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

M.J. has a good grasp on the story in Mark 3:22-30 which has a parallel in the discourse in Luke 12:8-10. I would also want to point out the parallel in Luke's story of Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5 which involved "lying to the Holy Spirit" (v. 3) and "putting the Spirit of the Lord to the test" (v. 9), where such acts were rewarded with a curse and instant death. Compare also 1 Corinthians 10:9-10.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit