Penny pinching hints and tips

by Junction-Guy 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Ok, the lemonade thread has prompted me to ask does anyone else have any clever and legal ways to pinch pennies, like the guy did with the lemonade?

Any other things you have seen?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Take toilet paper from public restrooms. Grab pocketfuls of ketchup packets at McDonalds. Keep a duffle bag to fill with food from buffets. Buy lawn mowers from box stores and return them as "defective" in a week. Get credit cards if dog's name. How are these ideas? ;-)

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Many of the tips on here are connected specifically to the UK but there are some general ideas which could apply elsewhere in the world. Enjoy!!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Spend freely.

Be generous.

Tip well.

Smile alot.

Give sincere compliments.

Best way to improve your quality of life.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

That is excellent advice. I always tip well, because from personal experience I know what it is like to be the average Joe, I had to wait tables myself and deliver pizzas.

I have very little sympathy for companies that shaft their employees though.

• Clam
    Clam

DON'T waste money on expensive iPods/mp3 players. Simply think of your favourite tune and hum it. If you want to "switch tracks", simply think of another song you like and hum that instead.

Clam

• John Doe
    John Doe

Or, better yet Clam, just tell the little people in your head to do the humming.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking
    DON'T waste money on expensive iPods/mp3 players. Simply think of your favourite tune and I hum it. If you want to "switch tracks", simply think of another song you like and hum that instead.

Brilliant!

• Gregor
    Gregor

If you have small children give them a quarter to skip dinner and then charge them a quarter breakfast.

• Mum
    Mum

My best money-saving strategy is to live within walking distance of work and near a bus line; i.e., live without a car if possible.

Regards,

SandraC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit