My interesting anti-witness to a phone rep......

by megsmomma 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I am really excited about this...I feel like it was "meant to be".

I called my cell phone company to see about getting my grandparents on the same net work, but had to make sure they would get reception in both places they live. (they go back and forth from Nevada to Ohio) I also checked into getting them the same type of phone I have so I could show them how to work the darn thing.

The woman I spoke to was very nice and she said she wanted to commend me for showing such love to my grandparents and how there weren't a-lot of people who would do that. I told her that they were wonderfull grandparents and are really like my parents because they have taken over the parent role to me since my own are in a cult and have disowned my family.

We talked a little about that and I said I wasn't angry with my parents, just sad because they are being tricked into thinking they are doing the right thing...and she asked "if you don't mind saying, what religion are they in?" And I told her JW's.

WELLLLLLLL, it was something!! She said it must just be the congregation they are in and the body of elders that are not good, and they are making my parents do the extreme thing. She said she had some relatives in it....but, as we discussed more it became apparent she was either a witness or somehow knew a-lot about them. We talked of the change in the generation of 1914 not passing away...which she called "the new light coming along) and I said "If you don't try to put dates on things and just go by the Bible there would be no need for "new light"." I brought up the New World Translation being written by men who had no education in Greek or Hebrew and Johannes Greber baking it up. There was more but I cannot recall it all.

I left her with the reexamine web site to check out and she said she wanted to look into things. I wish I had been more prepared but I think what stands out is that I was a "good person" in her mind and I was not angry, just hoping and praying for my parents to see the real truth. I told her if she wants to call me she was welcome to...she has my cell number!

Anyways, it was cool to be able to get to talk to someone who it may make a difference for.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Good job !!

• unique1
    unique1

Good show. Is reexamine back up?

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Good job!

nj

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

No Unique.......That was something I discovered after the call. How long has it been down? Does anyone know when it will be back??

(She'll probably think Jehoover is intervening by shutting the site down...LOL)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Good job. We can only save one person at a time, and only if they are
    drawn to the anti-JW's by sheer coincidence. Yee Haw.

• Honesty
    Honesty

She sounds like a JW.

She defends the watchtower like a JW.

She 'commended' you like a JW.

My guess is...

she is a...

• legalchickie
    legalchickie

I totally agree that she is a jw. She knows all the right buzz words. They always stick out like a sore thumb.

• arker
    arker

Amazing a non witness is loving and caring? How could that be?

• poppers
    poppers

At the very least she will see that there is real love and concern between people who aren't dubs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit