Fading? What's up?

by arker 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• ferret
    ferret

Welcome arker I think Bumble Bee said it best.

• manhasbecomelikeoneofus
    manhasbecomelikeoneofus

i have tried to stay out of this topic for a while. i have bit my tongue/keyboard when reading posts from non-believers who still put up the facade of meeting attendance. but since you brought it up....

anyone who gives support to that twisted, child abusing cult either through publishing, attendance or simple silence is culpable for the crimes committed by their leaders. i can understand but not sympathize with those whos family connections depend upon them keeping their mouth shut. if you know better then it is your obligation to say so regardless of the discomfort DAing may bring. your silence brings their guilt onto you. your silence makes you an accessory to their crimes.

if everyone who was still pretending to believe actually stood up and called them out on their lies perhaps a child or two or a thousand might be saved.

and if your families "love" is dependant on your collusion in/silence of their crimes then it never was love to begin with and you would be much better off starting to look for true love elsewhere.

i know the hardship that going against ones family brings. i lost everyone who was dear to me. but really, grow a pair!

• Serg
    Serg

ManHas...

Not all of us are ready and willing to loose are wife and kids in an instant. I find myself in the same situation. Now if I wasn't happy with my wife then who gives a rats a$$, I would DA myself in a heartbeat. I also want the person I care about most to see the light about the troof and wake up one day.

manhasbecomelikeoneofus

serg,

i dont know you or your children. if your children are young then you would be doing much better by them to take them out of that horrible cult immediately and begin their de-programming. if your wife wants to continue being a JW then unless you are an adulterer she will still be your wife. if you are willing to lie to your partner about something as major as religion then how sound is your marriage anyway. if your children are adults then what better example could you possibly set for them than being a man who stands up for what he believes in regardless of consequences! as it stands by what you wrote you are just constantly lying to the people who you profess to love. hardly an exemplary way to live.

• Open mind
    Open mind

manhasbecomelikeoneofus:

your silence brings their guilt onto you.

You forgot to mention all the blood that my hands are soaking in. Sounds very familiar. I just don't have the energy to get into this today.

Open Mind

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

manhasbecomelikeoneofus:
    How active are you in the fight against Scientology's stance against any medical care?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

arker:

Why not just stop going with nothing said

mostly what I was going to say about why I just fade and not outright quit has already been said. Family and a few close friends are keeping a toe in the water....

I make occasional meetings but dont go in the ministry any more. I dont believe a thing the WTBT$ has to say, but will defend to their death their right to say it (twisting a quote from Voltaire). Nice thing about freedom in this country. They have the right to spout BS, we have the right to publicly refute and spotlight their BS.

My closest female friend talked to me on the phone today. She is really sincere in her efforts to "help" me get "back on track." Two decades ago, I was the one trying to help her "get back on track" back when she was about to be (and was) D/F. So she understands both sides of this. Nothing I said then changed her mind though she never forgot it. Now, she is back in "good standing" and (mostly) happily married to a fellow JW.......too bad she is so deeply entrenched in the Borg mindset. I was in that entrenched place not that many years ago, so I understand where she is coming from. She has no clue about the pedophile issue, the flip flops of the WT, etc., despite being raised as a JW (or maybe because she was raised as such). I wish I could share that with her without fear of pushing her away. I will let sleeping dogs lie and be there for her if she finds out on her own.

So I just keep up the fade. Eventually I will probably have to move away from the area and start over to completely walk away. For now, I do what I have to do.

SnakesInTheTower (of the "fading" Sheep Class)

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

manhasbecomelikeoneofus:

i have bit my tongue/keyboard when reading posts from non-believers who still put up the facade of meeting attendance

apparently you did not bite down long enough.

really, grow a pair!

damn, aren't YOU harsh and judgmental. However, as I have said before: "I dont agree with at thing you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it." --Voltaire

That's the nice thing about this forum, you can say almost anything and get by with it. LET FREEDOM RING.

Snakes ()

• Serg
    Serg

ManHas... I think.. I think... yea, I just grew them!

You know what you're right, I'll just go ahead and let my wife and kids know the real truth about the "truth" today after work, I have really been craving a good garnish of my wages once the divorce is final....

YOU'RE THE BEST MAN! WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT YOU!!!!

manhasbecomelikeoneofus

para, i wasnt raised in the power structure of the "church" of scientology so dont feel qualified to actively rail against them. however from my limited research do think they are a damaging cult. serg, i guess i wrote with some harshness but will not apologize for not soothing your feelings while you let your childrens minds and spirits be warped by your lack of motivation. if you believe in the garbage the JW's spew then your exposure of your children to the toxic teachings of those power hungry men in brooklyn at least has the cover (however false) of faith. but if you dont and the only defence you can come up with is the fear of wage garnishment, i feel for your children. did you ever consider the fact that it might be your wife who would have to pay child support, if it even came to that. evidence of reasons why an ex-JW should have custody over an active member is ample and easily proven in court. i would even offer my tesimony if it would make it easier for you! or you can keep lying to your wife, your children and yourself. secrets and lies when it comes to matters this fundamental always end in ruin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit