"Brothers at NY Ground Zero"

by HoChiMin 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

I sell drugs puffsrule

• Flip
    Flip

In regards to legitimate charitable works or emergency aid groups, religious or otherwise, there is a principle that is demanded of them that is, “to be seen to be doing the right thing.”

Billions of dollars of public money are being donated to these agencies and these agencies must publicly report their achievements and be independently verified in the effort “to be seen doing the right thing”. Should there be evidence of misappropriation of funds, there will be hell to pay.

Contrast this attitude of “being seen to be doing the right thing” with the attitude of the WTBTS, that it would be pretentious of us to ‘blow our on horn’ by having all of our wonderful 'charitable' achievements independently and publicly verified. Let alone broach the subject of defining the word 'charitable' based on WTBTS criteria.

Jehovah’s Witnesses have been taught to understand that public reporting of achievements by ‘charitable’ agencies is mere bragging designed as propaganda to generate an emotional response and milk the public of their hard earned money so administrators of these agencies can ‘pad’ their expense accounts.

I don’t know about anyone else but I would rather I have the chance to openly scrutinize a charitable organizations money flow and activities. Not only as a measure of efficiency but as a measure of recourse for the 'community' should their donations of time and money be taken advantage of.

Flip

• r51785
    r51785

JW's as grief counselors?
    What do they tell grieving people, something like "Cheer up, this is nothing compared to Armageddon when all you worldlings will be slaughtered, not just a few thousand!"

• Preston
    Preston

My younger brother told me that at the meeting they related that Jehovah's Witnesses, among other religious groups, were at ground zero helping out firemen and relief workers. Just some questions because like you all I'm a little skeptical:

1.) How is anyone allowed to help around ground zero?

2.) How is one registered to help? My younger brother said that JW's registered at the Marine office in New York (I'm not familiar with any such office).

3.) Is it true that only relief workers were allowed at that area?

4.) Does anyone know where I can access the list of organizations that assisted the workers? (I think Ozzie posted it somewhere).

• Patriot
    Patriot

Preston:

1) You can help only if you belong to the construction company that has been hired to remove the debris and are properly accounted for and ID'd. or if you belong to some type of rescue org. firefighter, police officer and even like that you must be on the list of crews that are going in.

2)Don't know about no marine office. I do know about the chelsea piers which was being used as a triage center. It's about 2 1/2 miles north.

3)Yes. No volunteer " off the street" have been used since about 2 weeks after the attack. Only if you are a properly Id'd steel worker or heavy construction worker will they accept "walk-in's".
    Besides that only those I mentioned in 1.

4)Last time I saw it (about 3 weeks ago)msnbc ran it on their web page. I did not bother to save it.

• Preston
    Preston

Thanx Patriot, you're a true patriot! :-)

• Disengaged
    Disengaged

Fedhall:

We no you cell drugs. The opiate of da people. The Watchower rag.

readin Watchower = dummin down of people! HE HE HE

"I wish I knew what I know now, when I was younger,,,"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit