"Brothers at NY Ground Zero"

by HoChiMin 26 Replies latest jw friends

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

A circuit overseer, Jarome Sexton, MA circuit #4 is telling the congregations "the brothers were at ground zero", reading scriptures to firefighters and military personal and they would cry as they heard the words. "As people ran across the bridge what did they see ' Read Gods Word Daily' ". So what! The dam doors were locked!

I thought it was already established no non rescue personal were allowed on site at ground zero.
    Under those conditions you could tell the toughest person on the planet a frog had been run over in Wisconsin, and a normal response would be to get emotional.

I'm in NY often and ask, out of curiosity, to many different people, "what is that building with the clock on top?"( pointing to the WT factory bldg.) Most people have simple answers and find it insignificant in their daily routine.

I wonder if this c.o. , being a representative of the WT is speaking on his own or from outlines from the WT? Every JW that hears it will believe it because this man, a "c.o." has spoken it, any thing else is apostate.

The propaganda machine appears to be in high gear cranking out salve stories for the r&f, and what else would you expect from the great "Whore" riding on the "Beast".

HCM

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

HoChiMin,

You are doing a good job talking out of your ass.

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Thank you Fred. That's the best compliment I've gotten all day.

HCM

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

You are welcome

• Gopher
    Gopher

FredHall and all other loyal sheep have been "sucked in" by the WTS propaganda designed to take advantage of this most horrible event.

Similar "feel good" propaganda came out of the special assembly day here in Minnesota, as it was directly told to me by an emotional attender. (Of course, a representative of the WT Society was there to tell the, ahem, "TRUTH" about what supposedly happened --- aid being given by headquarters to victims, people embracing the Bible's hope at "the site" of the tragedy, bla bla bla.)

The JW's who weren't at "the site" of the tragedy will never know what really happened, neither will we. However, we can use logic to deduce what is probable. And logic you used, well stated:

... no non rescue personal were allowed on site at ground zero. Under those conditions you could tell the toughest person on the planet a frog had been run over in Wisconsin, and a normal response would be to get emotional.
    Even if the JW's did succeed beyond all odds to reach the people with their message of hope, remember that (as has been pointed out by Farkel and others on this board) the hope consists primarily of the notion that 99.9% of humanity will be destroyed in a worldwide Armageddon far more vengeful than the attacks on New York and Washington, DC.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Don't be a lying ASS Gopher. I don't take advantage of no event.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Fredhall, I didn't say you took advantage of the event. I said you have been sucked in by the propaganda.

Nice try at hijacking another thread, by the way.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• Patriot
    Patriot

I'll say it again:

There were and are no visible JW at ground zero. I just got back from my shift there last night and am scheduled to go back next sunday.

On the days following the attack there were no Jws there. Today you can't get in unless your affiliated with some rescue org. and have proper ID and was told to the coordinators that you'd be coming.

Now, just to be fair they can be about a half a mile away taliing to people but certainly not at ground zero or anywhere near there.

I lie not when I tell you that the smell of death is still in the air. The smell of burning body part is enough to make most people sick. Everyday I've been there I've seen at least 2 people throw up.

I seriously doubt that any elders would encourage the flock to go there.

Point: It's the C.O. that's talking out his ass Fred, not HOchimin.

• toddy
    toddy

A topic from W.O.L,

Brian
    WOL Crawler posted 10-19-2001 03:54 PM
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Last night at our service meeting. The brother doing the announcements read an experience from near Ground Zero which apparently came to a sister from Bethel. It related a brother and his wife who, one week after the tragedy, began street witnessing their way towards GZ. They were spreading the message of comfort and hope. Everyone they spoke to listened and were encouraged. Well, it happened to be the same day the president was visiting NY. He noticed a group of people who were smiling and happy and was curious about what was going on. Why would they be so happy just one week after the tragedy. So he sends his secret service men to investigate. When they came back they reported that it was a man and his wife who are giving messages of comfort and hope and people were coming away refreshed. So Bush wants to hear this message himself. He calls for the brother and sister. The security team checked them for guns, etc... and then let them meet the pres. The pres asks them what this message of comfort is all about and so the brother whips out a Knowledge book and places it with him. He thanks the brother and promises to read it on the way back to DC.
    OK, great story but it did come from emails on the internet. Has anyone heard this one yet? If it is true then this is really great".

• Had Enough
    Had Enough
    "the brothers were at ground zero", reading scriptures to firefighters and military personal and they would cry as they heard the words.

I too had to sit and listen to a relative tearfully recounting the "experience" as was told to them by one of the Brooklyn Bethel, at the "Special Meeting" they were so privileged to be invited to.

It was all I could do to hold my supper down.

I also heard of a young pioneer who was visiting Brooklyn Bethel at that time and took pictures. His pictures and his story were published in his local newspaper and he said the WatchTower donated what they could and then despite the trying conditions, work resumed. He told me he didn't know however what exactly was donated.

I've been wondering for quite some time now:

Isn't there anyone that knows the real truth or has sources that could tell us or find out what the WTS really did after the horrible crashes on Sept 11?

We know they locked their doors right away, but we hear little snippets of how they fed and housed many firemen and gave refreshments to many "who wandered in" etc.

I, and I'm sure many others, would really like to know the truth of just how much or how little the WTS really did. Btw...I remember Ozzie posting that a large newspaper printed the names of the those organization that helped out and WTS was not included.

If they did help right away like so many other organizations did, then fine, I can accept that and give them credit for it, BUT if they are spinning false stories, I really want to know that.

Please.....does anybody know any real facts?????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit