ive come to the conclusion that

by ness 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ness
    ness

Jehovah's Witnesses vary a great deal country to country. I think it may be cultural or something...

Ive been browsing the forum for a few days now and cant believe at times we are talking about the same religion. And while I would never want to go back to their way of life, I honestly find it hard to believe that as an organisation they are evil. Controlling certainly, but not necessarily with malicious intentions.

anyone else notice that the Yanks seem to have it particularly bad over there?

• poppers
    poppers

I've seen stories on here from people in Australia that are equally bad. Perhaps it's more of a congregational difference.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

The whole organization is piece of S%&$ if you ask me. There is nothing good about them no matter what country

nj

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Their litter ture, doctrines (yeah I spelled litter ture on purpose) are the same worldwide. So, it could be regional differences in how its applied but the bottom line is this, they preach they are God's Organization and everyone else is wrong. Seems any organization with that theology is evil to me. I know in Canada its not all sunshine and roses growing out of the society's azz. A good Ozzie friend of mine would agree wholeheartedly, but its nice to hear not everyone has had as an negative experience, regardless.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I honestly find it hard to believe that as an organisation they are evil. Controlling certainly, but not necessarily with malicious intentions.

Perhaps not gratuitously evil. But the evidence we have about Malawi, blood, df, and child abuse indicates that, as an organization, they put their own survival ahead of individual lives. Thousands of people once living are now dead because of WTS policies that they refuse to change, because it would open them up to lawsuits. Some would call that evil.

• Mum
    Mum

"litter ture" - thanks for that, sweets!

I have had people tell me that JW's are harmless or strange, but not evil. I agree that most rank and file JW's are deluded, mentally ill, captive, deceived or brainwashed. However, an organization that protects pedophiles (thereby ruining lives of innocents), defrauds millions of the poorest people on earth out of their meager means while enriching themselves with lucrative real estate acquisitions, bullying these poor folks into feeling they don't do enough, keeps parents and children from speaking to one another, and lets people die rather than accept a blood transfusion on very spurious grounds, is, IMHO evil.

If they are not evil, what the bl**dy hell does it take to be considered evil?

• freeme
    freeme

its a matter of country, district, circuit and personal experience.

my wife as an example lives in a completely other religion than me. she honestly thinks that the society teaches that you dont have to be a witness to get eventually saved (funny thats somehow true... they say only JWs do things that are necessary to be saved and say in the same sentence that only god can say who will be saved... lol...), one can easily have an opposing opinion to WTS teachings, talk with others about it AND stay a JW. she also thinks that numbers, dates and stuff dont play any real role in jw belief and she thinks the 1914 problem is completely unimportant because its only a suggestion by the WTS and nothing which is important.

im not kidding. thats what she tells me. and she is a believer, born into, going regulary to all meetings since 25 years. she got all that weired opinions from her father which is a congregation overseer.

she talks away all the hundreds and hundreds of WT articles dealing with such stuff and forbid such opinions. she also has no problem studying the revelation book and still say numbers and dates dont play a big role.

she also thinks that when someone goes away from the religion noone is really forbidden to speak with him. its merely the sinners wish not to have any contact with jws anymore. (lol!!!)

it sounds completely crazy to me, but she seems to really think that. when i try to show her that the WTS teachings are not as she thinks she says im too negative and a nit picker.

when in the same congregation, such different views of the religion can exist i dont wanna know what differences exist on international basis.

• theMartian
    theMartian

Agape!

• sir82
    sir82

Huh?

their ARE pretenders in our faith

...and...

we all have the same love for God

???

• eclipse
    eclipse
    Well, Ness- our Brotherhood has it's flaws, problems- and pretenders (as any religion has), but the vast majority of accusations here are exaggerated- and lies. Many might be true, since their ARE pretenders in our faith, as well. The bottom line, however, is that we all have the same love for God, Christ, His Word, truth, and righteous principles. So the only way you can know for SURE is just to VISIT a Kingdom Hall! Don't make any commitments about ANYTHING til you know God's Spirit is there

Are you calling the people here LIARS and EXAGGERATORS, martian?

I think that you, a JW, calling other JW pretenders is the pot calling the kettle black.

IF you are not a pretender then wtf are you doing here?

What same love? That is pure horse shit and you know it!

The only thing you are taught to love is the ORGANIZATION that gives lip service to jehoevah

but you all prove by your FRUITS that JW's cannot possibly have the true religion.

'Righteous principles', PULEEEZE,

I am sure they got all their righteous principles from their pedophile protective man-made laws created by the old geezers in brooklyn who wouldn't know real values if it hit them in the face!

The one thing I know is that god's spirit would NOT go near a blood stained dirty kingdom hall due to them having molestor protectors, abused children apologists, and greiving families of those who gave their lives FOR NO BIBLICAL REASON!!

Get off your high horse and look at your religion with OPEN EYES.

You seriously have alot of nerve coming here and calling us liars.

Your post just clinched it for me about you JW apologist's.

You are all Brainwashed ignorant morons that refuse to get an education about your own bloodguilty religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit