ive come to the conclusion that

by ness 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gopher
    Gopher

We Yanks may have it particularly hard because the World Headquarters are right in our own country.

The organization is Pharisaical. They lie about 607 BCE, which is the weak foundation upon which their 1914 doctrine is built. The 1914 doctrine is the one they use to establish their authority, as having been chosen over all other "inaccurate" religions at that point.

This organization has lied about their predictions of the end times as being certain specific dates (1914, 1915, 1918, 1925, soon after WW2, 1975, by the end of the 20th century). They claim they never made specific predictions. They disfellowship people for lying, they need to look in the mirror.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Uh, excuse me? We all love the Bible, heavenly father, etc etc??? I want it put on record that after over 30 some years that I for one do NOT love any of that stuff. So NO, not all of us value those things.

• Honesty
  • BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Hello, Brother MAD! Wow! This time we get 2 of your avatars for the price of one!

So the only way you can know for SURE is just to VISIT a Kingdom Hall! Don't make any commitments about ANYTHING til you know God's Spirit is there!

Question for you:

Do you know why JWs hate apostates so much?

*theme music from Jeopardy*

Time's up!

BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT APOSTATES KNOW ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING THAT JWS KNOW - AND A WHOLE LOT MORE!

That's right! We've been to the KH, we've been out in FS, given talks, been baptized, studied the publications, followed the ridiculous rules and given big chunks of our lives to the WTS. We even have access to secret WTS documents forbidden to the average JW! There is nothing a JW could tell us about the organization that we don't already know!

La la la!

• ness
    ness

err, sorry didnt mean to upset anyone :(

to be perfectly honest all this info about the UN and the child abuse is news to me, I only found out about it by coming into this forum and then checking out Silent Lambs etc. I was mortified. I confronted my mum about it who is an active JW and she got really upset...(mainly because she thinks im an apostate) but when I pressed her on the issue, she knew nothing of it. See thats the whole point. Active JWs outside of the US are sheltered from all the bad press and because they dont use the net to look up 'apostate' sites and whatnot..they'll never know.

The fact that the Head Quarters is over there is also a major factor as someone else mentioned.

And I also have a little theory of my own...and I dont mean to offend any of my American friends over there but I find your culture prone to fundamentalism (please dont slap me, its just an observation lol) whereas Australians are not as 'spiritual' and dont really get fanatical about anything except beer and cricket. Now JWs as a religion is fundamentalist enough with its hardcore way of life and major literal interpretations....add a culture of fundamentalism to the mix and you have recipe for disaster. Anyway....that prolly made no sense lol.

• ness
    ness

double post

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/56656/1.ashx

check out Blissisignorance posts, she lives in Australia, her son was sexually abused by a brother and she was df'd for warning other parents.

lisa

• ness
    ness

tragic :(

I think most JWs are grounded enough to understand that there will be isolated incidences of such heinous crimes. Even I was able to comprehend that. But is it endemic within the org? Thats the crucial question. That is what will change my mind from just disliking JW's to absolutely badmouthing them

Im inclined to believe that the elders and even higher up the ladder towards the GB are just grossly incompetent at handling cases dealing with child abuse.

Im still trying to research the recent settlement incident. I cant believe that didnt make a ripple here!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit