HELP - Elders want to talk about Disassociation

by Steven 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Kophagangelos
    Kophagangelos

Same to my problems! The elders want to speak with me. I have experienced from MS today! I said no thanks and want not talk with them! The elders are very worry about my attitude in last time about UN, wrong NWT....

• Steven
    Steven

Hi Kophagangelos,

So they want to talk to you too...

Well I hope that you handle this okay, either by not talking to them or settling it.

I was very, very nervous today before I talked to the PO - it was like I was at the start of an exam or a big race; & yet when I actually got into it it went fine - you could even say I "gave a good witness!" or should that be un-witness...

I am very relieved that it is hopefully all over, at least for now. What do you intend to do now Kophagangelos if you don't mind me asking?

Well keep in touch & I hope that whatever you do goes well for you. Just stick to what you think is right - that's all you can do...

Bye for now,

Steven.

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Hey Steve,
    Get a hotmail or yahoo account. Don't use your home e-mail address. Too many crackpots and salesmen looking for valid addresses.
    Rex

• Francois
    Francois

Just another thought.

When a friend of mine, a well-loved and respected elder in my congregation decided to disassociate, he wrote a letter of dissociation and sent it to the ENTIRE congregation, every last person. It explained in great detail why he was leaving; in it he asked some very hard questions of the elders about some local issues, including some DFs, and about some WT policies that were and are inexplicable about blood, and dress style, and Malawi, and the Cartilla and a bunch of other stuff.

The elders were helpless to misrepresent anything about his leaving. A position they don't find themselves in very often. I loved it. It was great.

Francois

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Maybe this should have its own thread, but can you tell me what "cartilla" is?

Thanks,
    Hmmm

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Hmmm,

The "Cartilla" issue from what I remember from COC is a card that Mexican men have to obtain that shows they have done basic military training. This military training (as reservists) is part time and takes a year. However, it is quite common for young men to pay a fee or bribe to an official to get the card without having to do the training. Mexican JW men were allowed with the full approval of the WTS and the GB to pay the bribe to get the card. What is worse is that at the same time in Malawi JWs were being beaten and even killed for refusing to buy a political card that was little more than an ID card.

If I have some of the facts wrong I am sure others here will add to this or correct me.

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Thirdson,

Thanks. I remember the Malawi vs Mexico incident, but I didn't rememeber the word "cartilla" from that. Thanks for the clarification.

Hmmm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit