I have been Inducted.....

by AK - Jeff 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mum
    Mum

erandir: When I lived in Ohio, many many residents of that state did have an "old Kentucky home," including myself and my family. Damned immigrants!

• bebu
    bebu

That is wonderful! I love the Kiwanis.

If they are truly subscribing to higher values than material, then don't let their professional status put you off. If I were a lawyer and saw bluecollars joining because they wanted to do good in the community, I would be very pleased to have them with me.

bebu

(Jan 1980 Kiwanis club girl-of-the month in my hometown )

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Does your chapter sponser a "Student of the Month" program like our local one does?

I don't think so - unless it is something they have let slip by. They do bring in a variety of speakers from youth organizations and schools - sports coaches, teachers, etc. But I have not heard anything about the 'student of the month' program yet. Perhaps I should ask.

Jeff

• Princess
    Princess

The local chapter donated $30,000 to my daughter's school in June so we could build a new playground. We were able to get a grant to match the funds and just last weekend we installed a $65,000 beautiful new playground. The school has a lot of low income families and it would have taken years for us to raise that kind of money.

The club is mainly a lot of seniors but they were digging holes and assembling the structure right along side us 30 and 40 somethings. We would have struggled to get the install done without them, they were a tremendous help.

We love the Kiwanis Club at College Place Elementary, in Lynnwood, Washington. We have a great surprise for them at our ribbon cutting ceremony later in September.

Rachel

• BFD
    BFD

Congratulations, AK-Jeff. This is a fine organization. They certainly have done a lot of good things for my small community. I am not a member but I do attend the annual Pancake Breakfast every year.

Good for you.

BFD

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

mmmmmmmmm...pancakes!

• ferret
    ferret

Congratulations Jeff...that is a worthwhile cause as a member of the Rotary I know the good these organizations do to help ones in need,and it will give you a feeling of satisfaction for helping others. Good for you.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Congrats!

The only thing I know about Kiwanas is they set up BBQ stands close by our house. I always buy their BBQ, it's great and I know it goes to charity. Enjoy your new found friends and it's great to help out your community.

• Es
    Es

Congrats Jeff thats great

es

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

awesome man, congrats

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit