Isn't This an Incredible Design?

by Perry 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Very cool flower. In Quebec we have a flower, much smaller, that also looks like a bird, more like a humming bird. My favorite flower is the orchid, it also has a familiar look.

• Perry
    Perry

Nicolaou,

When I didn't have faith in God, I still appreciated beauty. Do you agree that one of the miracles of our species is that we can't really describe beauty, but we know it when we see it?

That is one of the traits that separates us from say a cow who would just as well eat that rare flower.

Do you know of any other species that can appreciate and know beauty?

• Perry
    Perry
    So do these specific parrot-flowers closely resemble one specific parrot??

If so, could you put the picture of that parrot up??

Kudra,

I don't think it matches a specific parrot. However a great many have become extinct. It may have at one time.

Here's some pictures featuring some pretty cool looking parrots.

Aviculture is cool + Botany is cool. = God is cool.

Eclectus Parrot

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Perry, in all sincerity, this is a beautiful thread.

Really gorgeous parrots.

• Open mind
    Open mind

ROFLMAO @ Nvr!

I know you're not too happy with your local elders Nvr, but don't you think sharing a photo of one of them here violates the posting guidelines?

Beautiful flowers Perry. But it looks to me like you probably should have named this thread: "Isn't God Great? Part 2"

Then again, it wouldn't exactly be the first time for a topic to be re-hashed on JWD. I know I've been guilty.

Nice pix.

Open Mind

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Welcome back Perry. Those pictures are absolutely awesome. It is an incredible design by an incredible designer.

Liked it so the middle picture is now on my desktop. Thanks

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

[email protected] awaiting a response from P dawg.

• Perry
    Perry
    it wouldn't exactly be the first time for a topic to be re-hashed on JWD.

Hi Open Mind,

I like your screen name. I do realize that many folks feel threatened by references to design and God; I have no intention to get into a debate. However, should those that perceive God submit to the wishes of those who don't and just censure all reference regarding their perceptions?

Or, should people just be allowed to reasonably state their perceptions, one way or another without fear of personal attacks? I for one am not afraid to be a rebel. A growing number of others are not afraid anymore as well.

Follow the links for the trailer to this major motion picture due to be released in February.

http://www.expelledthemovie.com

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I'll be deeply dissapointed if this turns into another "BWA HA HA HA HA" thread like the last one.

They are very nice flowers Perry. I had never heard of them before.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yes, god designs each parot and decides what kind of personality w which to imbue it. That's why he knows each parrot, and takes note when it perishes. Thankyou, perry. Btw, do parrots have spirits? Or, are they just biomechanical machines pushed along by the electrical life force?

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit