Is your non dub partner/spouse curious?

by samiam2b 12 Replies latest social relationships

• samiam2b
    samiam2b

After hearing all about my life and experiences as a JW, my non-JW spouse was curious. That is how she found this site and how I found it. The doctrinal crap really pisses her off, especially because of what it does to families.

I did have a family member who was molested many years ago but do not know the details nor the outcome. I do have a family member who had a childhood full of major heart surgeries, without blood transfusions. My childhood was spent in as strict of a maternal household as you could imagine.

Those things made me who I am today and who my wife has to live with. ;-) She has never read any of the literature, not even the bible story book given to her for our child. She has been on a bethel tour though but never to a meeting. She has not even ever met a witness other than my family. BTW, we both find many of you to be absolutely hilarious!

What kinds of things do your partners/spouses say about your past and the cult?

-samiam2b

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I've told him in part to explain why my parents are the way they are. I've gone on to tell him things further to make him understand how truely corrupt the society is. Unfortunately he has a cousin who is caught in the bOrg. He's not happy about it. He's gone to a hall with me twice for the memorials of my grandparents, was bored out of his mind and felt he had just been to a sales meeting. Nothing about the jws impress him.

Josie

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

My wife has pretty much gotten used to the lack of family, the shunning, the nightmares I have sometimes, and the glazed over look I get when one of the wt switches goes off in my head.

However, when we were first together, she had a hard time with all of it. She comes from a very tight, large family, and the fact that we are shunned by my parents, was very hard for her to understand.

• Purza
    Purza

Now and then my husband will ask questions as to what I believe (or used to believe). For example I would tell him about the issue of universal soverignty and the battle between god and satan or why we don't take blood, etc. After I tell him what the JW's believe he would look at me incredulously and say "you really believed that?" I respond -- well I didn't know any better. LOL

Purza

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

well I didn't know any better.

Very true!!!!

• brinjen
    brinjen

No, he isn't curious at all. He knows they are a cult, that's enough for him.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

For me, talking about anything JW with my husband is like dredging up the pains of the past ... I try to avoid it at all costs. I've left that part of my life behind me, and would like to leave it there.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm the non-JW partner of an active Witness. My attempts to understand the psychology of the Witnesses led me here. Curious? Absolutely! A agree, you are an odd bunch.

• samiam2b
    samiam2b

LOL. No wonder JWs demonize apostates. Sites like this are competition for information.

So do the nondubs of the group think we are all still letting the WTS control us, because of our interest in sites like this, or addiction to post readings, or similar? Are we really free if spending that much time in counter activities?

samiam2b

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

My husband is a non dub, he has no interest in religion, he is a non practicing Jew.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit