Is your non dub partner/spouse curious?

by samiam2b 12 Replies latest social relationships

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I think my non-dub husband is secretly pleased that he doesn't have to share us with my crazy dub family.

lisa

• arker
    arker

When I left and remarried a sane woman she was curious about things mainly because my mom disowned me. How could a mother in her right mind disown her child for not believing the same about religion. In fact the jws started calling on my wife. When she told them I was df's it was always fun to wonder around and stand there while they tried to talk to her. The level of discomfort on their face was fun to watch. I would would be outside as they came up our walk and they had to look away and keep walking to the door because the fire I was breathing might scorch them or something, unless it was the pitch fork, or maybe it was the horns, I'm not sure.

Finally she told them not to come back because she could not be part of something that encouraged families to break up. The funny thing is that everyone we grew up with in the cult left when becoming an adult. No one I knew is one today. One of my friends joined the military!

And thank god or whatever I believe that my Brother is smart enough to see the crazyness that this group expresses. The hypocracy is unbelievable considering my first wife (married at 18 like most jw kids) was an elders kid and could not of acted more unchristian. or her dad the elder who trashed my home, stole all my belongings and left a butcher knife though a stuffed animal while I was at work. Oh yeah and the bag of cat Sh*!@ gift wrapped with a note saying thats what our 5 years of marriage meant. Wow now thats a good elder! I hope after they did that they were able to place lots of magazines and a couple books and for sure they got over the 10 hour a month quota door knockin.

So Like I was saying that's when I married a sane woman that has stronger values than any witness I have met. She has never done anything to comprimise her integrity, trust, or morals and yet she was raised a normal way. I now have a great life, and can say I am happy.

And hey, if we are all wrong and it is the "one true religion" and we are destroyed doesn't that just mean we will be asleep?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't have a partner, but I recently told a coworker that my ex was a JW. (I'm still too embarassed to say I was one). His face twisted like he had just swallowed a cup of pure vinegar.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit