Hole in space found

by MadTiger 11 Replies latest social current

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Not a black hole, which has a densely-packed mass at the center, but a huge void of nothing, not even dark matter:

Void in Space!

Home of the divine?

Still amazing, for theists and atheists alike.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeah I saw that on the news the other day, thought it was fascinating then promptly forgot about it.

Thanks for topic

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

That is very interesting! Although I must comment that the phrase "hole in space" is a little misleading.

It is not a hole in space. Spacetime still exists in the region, it is just devoid of matter. Still the idea of an area of space that big that is devoid of matter is a VERY interesting concept.

Perhaps the universe is not as 'smooth' as we first thought. I wonder what this does to the inflationary model?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well, i would hold back just a bit, to see if this is a solid (no pun intended) finding. Sometimes these kinds of findings dissappear, so to speak.

S of the unbeliever until it's old news class

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

This is fascinating but I'm not sure why you think its interesting to "theists and nontheists alike", I don't see the connection. It just IS.

Sherry

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

The connection is that everybody should like my thread, theists and atheists alike.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

IPSEC

It is not a hole in space. Spacetime still exists in the region, it is just devoid of matter. Still the idea of an area of space that big that is devoid of matter is a VERY interesting concept.

If...there is a god, I prefer to think of that vast void as the place where It's compassion lies...

I couldn't help myself

• snowbird
    snowbird

bttt

• 5go
    5go

I think I found it too.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I think the whole in space is where they keep all the thoughts that rationalized going to war in Iraq.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit