Help a fellow poster in need...(?)

by exwitless 17 Replies latest social relationships

• Nathan Natas
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I was going to mention the BASTARD OPERATOR FROM HELL, but Finally free beat me to it.

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

You guys are all great!

I wish I had the energy right now to respond to each one individually, but I'm worn out like I rarely ever have been on a job before.

I really, really appreciate everyone's comments.

Today was really fun though. I got to have my first meeting with my boss to discuss everything that I've been doing and the things in our department as a whole, and it went really well.

He had been on vacation since before I started work, and just came back this week. The last sys admin left 6 months ago. So...it's been kinda weird. No one to transition me into the position except a few people who have other kinds of work they have to do and can't really spend any significant amount of time with me.

Being the sys admin for a whole college is kinda....stressful.

I discovered that I was bein "played" by one of the non-IT department heads....making a bunch of problems out to be things I did wrong when he knew damn well that the setup has been that way for years.

He now gets refered straight to the help desk ticket software...

I'm a nice guy, but he made the mistake of assuming that just because I'm big, cuddly, nice, and polite, that I'm also perpetually naive...Ofcourse I'm gonna figure out that he's trying to get special treatment and bypass all the ways things are suppossed to get done.

My boss didn't like that...he's protective of us and views his job as being the buffer between IT and everybody else...cool!

Ok, I better go...

Thanks again everybody!

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Cheer up LDB!! What works for me, is picturing annoying co workers, dancing naked to William Chong's version of She Bangs She Bangs, makes me smile everytime, he he!

• ninja
    ninja

shekel for an ex-leper!!!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Dont worry LDB. Be happy!!

alt

• free2think
  • BFD
    BFD

Although on a much smaller scale, I'm right there with you bud! Argh!!!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/24/140835/1.ashx

Isn't success the bestest? And om makes sense for once in his life! Go villagers!

Just have fun...

BFD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit