Help a fellow poster in need...(?)

by exwitless 17 Replies latest social relationships

• exwitless
    exwitless

I think Little Drummer Boy is "down in the dumps" a little bit, and needs some cheering up. As some of you know, he recently graduated from college (with a 4.0 GPA - I always have to brag on him about that!) and started his job as Systems Administrator on August 1st.

He works really hard and thinks a lot about his job, because he's super-conscious about doing good work. He's getting kinda stressed about it because he has a lot of responsibility on his shoulders, and a lot of people breathing down his neck to get stuff done.

I knew if anyone could cheer him up, it would be you guys; 'cuz you're all cool and funny and witty.

(If you're really nice, he might let you staple something with his new Swingline stapler!!)

• lonelysheep
  • misanthropic
    misanthropic
    (If you're really nice, he might let you staple something with his new Swingline stapler!!)

Ah, then I'm totally in! ;-)
    LDB cheer up- You're the man and I'm sure you're doing an awesome job at work. I bet a lot of that with thinking that you need to "push yourself harder and harder" stems from being a witness and never feeling good enough. Just remember You're Good Enough, You're Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like You!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The job of a Systems Administrator can change from very boring to very stressful in a matter of seconds. Those of us who do it for any length of time soon become practicing antisocials. I don't associate with anyone but my birds after working hours - at least they won't keep bugging me about Citrix.

Get him to Google the "bastard operator from hell".

W

P.S. This is how it should be done.

• exwitless
    exwitless

misanthropic - here he is ...

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

haha! yeah I couldn't remember the exact skit from SNL but you got it!

;-)

• ferret
    ferret

You've been there almost a ,month why not take a two week vacation.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Those of us who do it for any length of time soon become practicing antisocials.

Actually, I've heard that a lot of us in Information Technology have one thing in common: "low social need".

It helps to have this DB as a place where we can blow off steam.

In any event, it's better to be employed and overused than to not be wanted at all !!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Chin up LDB.

Take a deep breath and look ahead 5 years.

In the mean time, be glad you've got "exwitless" at your side.

Sorry I don't have anything more profound to add, but I think my last point is pretty darn good.

Open Mind

• TD
    TD
    He's getting kinda stressed about it because he has a lot of responsibility on his shoulders, and a lot of people breathing down his neck to get stuff done.

LDB --I feel for ya man! SA can be tough.

Here's hoping you never have MS SBS inflicted upon you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit