Makes you want to spit!

by Gill 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

I aught not to laugh about this.....but it's one of those situations where you either laugh or cry!

We found out that my husband's sister was DF'd a few months ago. We attempted to contact her but she will not speak to us and is still shunning us as apparantly we are 'spiritually weak' and she is attempting to be reinstated into the congregation. (We have been faded for about 5 years now). Contact with us would 'ruin her chances', we were told by my MIL who made a particularly short and cold phone call!

These people quite get up my nose!!!

But, you've got to laugh, otherwise.......

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Oh sweet irony. All you can hope for is that she gets a lightbulb moment while she's out. Being dfd is horrid, but somebody or something has to make that clear to her.

• Gill
    Gill

Sass - We'd absolutely love to make it 'clear' to her......but either she won't listen or she won't be allowed to listen.

DF'ing must be one of the most terrible experiences a person can have. She should be being supported but instead she is shunned and is also shunning!

What can you do but smile sadly at the whole thing?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yeah I don't know. If I could identify what did it for me I'd tell you. I can only say that being dfd was the second-best thing that ever happened to me (my husband is the best!). Those elders did me a great favour, and I hope that one day I get to thank them for it. If they'd shown mercy I'd still be in.

Anyway. Yes she'd be having a very very bad time. You can only hope. She might be so yearning company that she googles JWs and find out some tiny fact that helps release her mind. She might not. We just wait and hope and laugh.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Yeah, you gotta laugh at that one. She's df'd and she's shunning you! You can't make this sh*% up

nj

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

Well Gill you may as well laugh about it. It seems that although she is df'd, the mind control is still very strong. Let's hope that while she's out she realises how beneficial being away from the Watchtower can really be, but I doubt that she will somehow.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

It seems sad to me that you get DF (supposedly because your not sorry) and yet some go straight back to meetings and endure the humiliation heaped upon them, until they are truly broken in spirit and ready to be compliant and molded into a good little dub again. I know some do find it a wake up call and start to realise how harsh and unloving it is.

Unfortunately the programing, while not able to stop you doing something to be DF for, is still so strong and influencial, the guilt and shame serve only to break you down and need them even more. Its quite like an abusive relationship, where the abuser claims only they can really love you and yet your not good enough and need treating badly.

hopefully the tighter the grip on the flock, the more will slip through their fingers.

CS 101

• Gill
    Gill

Thanks All!!

Makes me wonder WHY people tolerate the punishment that they allow to be heaped upon them when they are DF'd!? Why do they go back to the meetings and how do they sit there and suffer?

Then I think about those who have killed themselves who have been DF'd and start to understand the terrible pain they must have endured through the TORTURE heaped upon them by the 'ever loving' WTBTS and it's 'pure' congregation of Witlesses!

I worry about my sister in law. There is a lot in her mental and physical health back ground that immeadiately sets alarm bells ringing when you think of her being treated so hatefully by those she believes to be her friends. But she will NOT ALLOW any contact with us 'spiritually weak' individuals and so perhaps the 'spiritually strong' may yet be the death of her. We will see!

• unique1
    unique1

Crazy just CRAZY

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Lol - that made me laugh ... are there different Classes of d'fed persons?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit