144,000 Changes Coming ?

by Poztate 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Poztate
    Poztate

In the May WT Questions from Readers they did away with the 1935 cut off date to be part of the original anointed class. They taught ANY anointed after that date were replacements for those who had "fallen away"

Over the years that doctrine has slowly fallen apart. Any reasonable person (dubs included) must realise how many persons have declared themselves "appointed" since 1935 and are now dead. This still leaves the "cleanup" of the 8000 or so that still profess to be anointed. This does not take into account the two thousand years of history and denying that MOST were not really of the 144,000 class until JW's came on the scene.

My thought and your comments. I see this as a start to revise the belief to make the 144,000 a symbolic number and not literal. It would not be hard to do and would produce very little complaints.

It could be seen as new light A lot of dubs might sign up just to get to heaven...

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The easy answer to the delema of the wt is to quit reporting partakers. Once that statistic is removed, it doesn't really matter to anyone except a very few.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    The easy answer to the delema of the wt is to quit reporting partakers.

They might do that but they sure do like to report ALL their numbers...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I agree that they will eventually stop reporting the number of partakers. They will
    leak the unofficial feeling that the numbers are inflated by phony partakers, be they
    apostate or mentally unstable, or just mistaken. Therefore, the Governing Body will
    personally interview potential GB members as to their actual anointing, but otherwise
    will no longer be concerned with keeping track of them. This will make the rank
    and file feel good and allow the GB to ignore the anointed (as they did all along anyway).

• Poztate
    Poztate
    They will
    leak the unofficial feeling that the numbers are inflated by phony partakers, be they
    apostate or mentally unstable, or just mistaken

So you don't think they would change the doctrine itself to become spiritual instead of literal?

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

In 1988 the revelation grand climax book was released. Franz was still alive then and anything he said went. There is a whole page in that book that says that the 144.000 is a literal number! Now Franz is dead and so are his teachings. I think there is a new mentality emerging in bethel that wants to rewrite the JW religion.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

One thing the Watchtower society does best is switch from literalism to figuratism mid-verse. The number 144,000 is real, but the male jewish virgins part isn't.

• patientbrother
    patientbrother

out in service last week while at the door me and the elder I was with got into a discussion about the anointed of Jehovah, we were talking about how they would forgo their earthly existence in order to serve in heaven, I told him I thought that was a beautiful arrangement, he said thoughts about being in heaven freaked him out, I told him I would whole heartedly embrace such a opportunity to serve keep in mind i'm between the age of 30-40, what's interesting is what he said next, " well with the new light coming out you just never know!" So you see alot of the elders are seeing the hand writing on the wall, for years every one has ignored Jesus words at Matthew 22:30 NWT : " for in the resurrection niether do men marry nor are women given in marriage but are as angels in heaven" notice that the 144,000 are not mentioned in this verse so Jesus is giving a across the board application. I quoted this scripture to this elder while out in service during that discussion, I believe alot of them are starting to understand the bigger picture .

• cultswatter
  • Poztate
    Poztate
    I think there is a new mentality emerging in bethel that wants to rewrite the JW religion.

Not only do they WANT to rewrite the religion...they are forced to rewrite and reinvent the religion as all their prophecy's and ideas are found to be empty...without substance.

I think they will reinterpret the 144,0000 to be figurative in the next few years. The next big one will be in 2014 (100 years of Christ's rule) when he still hasn't done anything.

They will have to bring out the calculators and update their chronology (again)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit