Cried myself to sleep last night

by unique1 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Open mind
    Open mind

Unique1.

Sorry to hear what you're going through. I've let my oldest daughter know that I'll NEVER shun her no matter what she decides to do with her life. But, until a couple years ago, I would have probably done exactly what your father is doing.

FWIW, I'll be your "JWD step-dad" anytime. And I'm sure many others on here are willing as well. I know it's not the same, but it's something. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Be strong. You are loved.

Open Mind

• Nellie
    Nellie

Where there's life, there's hope. I wish you peace while you wait this out.

• Bryan
    Bryan

I'm sorry.

I'm in the opposite position. My, 22 year old daughter, is shunning me. She hasn't spoken to me fore 3 years... because I'm evil.

Our loved ones are able to disconnect from us because they are trained to believe they are doing God's will. It's no different from trainer your child to kill himself and others with a homicide bomb.

Faith is very powerful and destructive.

I miss my daughter so much. She was married and told me not to show up (her last letter to me).

I still have two of her email addresses and I send her pics and a small note about life here. I don't know if she gets them, but I hope so. Could you do that? Nothing negative. Just a not with a pic;tell him what's going on in your life. Nothing long. He's the one who has cut the relationship, not you. Keep yourself in the front of his mind. Write a not as if you are not hurting and sad. Just a "Hey, I just cut my hair. What do you think. Love you." This is the way I handle it. If she is getting my emails, at least, she knows I'm thinking of her.

Best,

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• unique1
    unique1

Bryan, I am so sorry to hear that your daughter treats you that way.

I have tried emailing them, telling them new things in my life, I am usually anxiety ridden waiting for a reply for two weeks (I have general anxiety disorder) only to have them reply with something hurtful every time. I have been thinking about doing it again but don't know if I can do it without the panic attacks. Perhaps I should SEND a letter via mail instead of email. That way my hubby could sift through it before I do.

• DJK
    DJK
    I had been happy for months. Dealing with it. Then suddenly no more.

You speak of months. For me it was 28 years and five months. I wish I could help you and then I could help myself.

For now there is the JWD.

http://www.psp411.com/mods/psp411_com-mods-1199-1.jpg

• unique1
    unique1

WOW DJK. I bet you felt like your entire world crashed. 28 YEARS???

Hey that is 28 years of happiness though right? Look at me trying to see the bright side. There are times I sicken myself. I know it isn't that easy.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

it's been close to 20 years since I've had a talk with either of my parents.

Hey..I know...maybe you could pm me your dad's number and I'll call him and tell him how special and unique you are....and tell him he's really really missing out.

and then I'll pm my parents number and you could do the same for me.

lisa

• monophonic
    monophonic

there's something in the air, it's been an emotional, horrid week for me as well.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

That he is so short sighted is his constant pain also. He may be doing what he thinks he has to-but his heart is probably breaking too. No one lives forever and wasting the short time we have on earth with an estrangement about (basically) how we will spent the time AFTER this time on earth is nothing short of insane.

I am so sorry for your pain. I lost my dad to lung cancer and would be more broken hearted if I could not have been his loving daughter to the very end. I hope something breaks the evil spell that the WT has on your dad. Seems as if you both deserve to have each other without WT interferance.

I like the approach of the little notes and occasional pictures. Don't send them with any expectation of getting anything back. In fact, you might say (at the first) that you don't expect any communication from them until the WT or they changes their stance, but since you have no such restrictions, that you are going to share a little of your life with him-just so they don't have to worry. . .it at least makes sure he knows where you are and can contact you in case of emergency or when his views evolve in a more reasonable direction. Don't wait for a response. Just be glad you are taking control of YOUR life and actions. What he does is beyond your control-don't be anxious about it. Sometimes we have to accept things for what they are, even while we hope for change.

You are on my heart today. I hope you start feeling better about the situation-or at least more equipped to deal with your disappointment in his choices.

• Warlock
    Warlock

If it's any consolation, some of my family had probems similar to yours and none of them are J.W.'s.

One of my cousins made up with his mother on her deathbed, and one of my uncles made up with his mother on her deathbed.

All of them regretted it had to come down to that, but what can you do when it gets to that? Get in the time machine? Ask him if that's what he wants for both of you.

Other than that, all I can say is, just keep trying, dear. You never know when he will come to his senses.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit