Cried myself to sleep last night

by unique1 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• unique1
    unique1

I was laying in bed and trying to drift off to sleep. All of a sudden I had a vision of my father building our dining room table. We moved when I was four and this was at our old house so I must have been pretty young. His motorcycle was sitting in the front yard along with knotty wood that dad was sanding and staining and putting together to make the Large dining table my mom had always wanted for entertaining and couldn't afford. I just burst out crying. I miss him so much.

We lived in a camper when I was 14 for a year. My mother was menopausal (she is a bitch to begin with imagine that PLUS menopause) at the time and Dad was all I had. I contemplated suicide many times in life, but the thoughts of letting my father down were too much. My dad and my friends were what got me through those tough teen years.

Now, I have nothing in the way of a father. He won't speak to me. He would rather shun me and leave his only daughter behind. How could someone do that? It seem so incomprehensible to me. I know, they think not speaking to me shows their love and I know it is their jacked up religion. I just want to know when it will stop sneaking up on me like that. I had been happy for months. Dealing with it. THen suddenly no more.

I keep thinking this bad feeling I have along with memories of him may mean something bad has happened to him. Then I think, maybe this is just what a broken heart feels like.

• free2think
    free2think

(((((((((((unique1))))))))))))

hugs

• Orgull
    Orgull

I don't know what to say.

• Mum
    Mum

((((unique))))

This is exactly what a broken heart feels like. I'm so sorry. I get weepy, too, when I have those early childhood memories of my grandparents. They were not JW's, but they are gone and I miss them and the life we had.

Just let it out and feel better.

Hugs,

SandraC

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((unique1)))))))

Snowbird

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Hang in there. Sorry your mom as she was, but glad you had your dad

• Sassy
    Sassy

its hard.. I think it gets easier with time, but we always long for more..

(((HUG))))

• BFD
    BFD

(((unique1)))

It's been almost 10 years since my mom started shunning me, out of no where. I was DF'd a very long time ago (1977) and it was never a problem unitl around 1997. Then the letter arrived. Sad, she used the exact words, "there has been a line drawn in the sand" blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Up until this point we had been very close. And my mom is a fun person, too. It took me a very long time to accept her behaviour. But even though I do now, I still miss her. I have stopped trying to connect and hope that one day I do not regret it. Problem is, one can only take so much rejection before it becomes toxic.

I've had dreams about her and terrible things happen in those dreams. You're right, this is what a broken heart feels like.

You'll be OK.

BFD

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

(((((unique 1 )))))))

There will be hard times, just stay strong.

• unique1
    unique1

Thanks for the support you guys. I haven't even told my hubby and I debated whether to even post it here or not. At least you guys can sympathise as most of you have been through similar. I just feel so down today. I hope some exercise this evening and a good nights rest will help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit