Would you ski if you were pregnant.

by Es 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

hey all, we are heading off to the snow for the weekend, I havnt been in three years and are eagerly looking forward to it all, esp my kids having heaps of fun.

Anyway I have pretty much decided not to ski as I have just found out im pregnant, Im a pretty confident skiier I guess its the other people you have to worry about. When I tried to look at information whether or not it was a good idea it seemed 50\50.

Just wondering what would you do or if you have skiied whilst pregnant?

thanks

es

• Gill
    Gill

Personally, I wouldn't.

Pregnancy is a relatively short experience and worth a little extra care, but that's just my opinion.

I wouldn't like to live with what ifs and regrets but that is just me.

Good Luck with the pregnancy oh! and congratulations!!!

• dobbie
    dobbie

Hi Es, i've never skied way too scared of heights! I did try to look it up on internet but couldn't find much. But personally i wouldn't just in case i fell or someone knocked into me but then as you know i have problems anyway when pregnant. Someone said on a forum they asked their drs and they said it was a risk but it was up to them (not much help sorry!)

I'm sure you'll still have a great time anyway though hun, just seeing the excitement on the little ones faces, and as soon as your next little one comes along you can go for it!

• Es
    Es

Yeah some drs say its ok and others say dont.

I would kick myself if anything happened so im not going to but was interested if anyone has or does ski whilst pregnant

• DJK
    DJK

http://www.bygpub.com/natural/pregnancy.htm

Golly, it seems you cant have any fun when your pregnant. I was surprised about the hot tub.

Congratulations, I hope all goes well in the coming months.

• free2think
    free2think

I wouldnt either, hope you have a great time tho sounds like a lot of fun either way.

• delilah
    delilah

Don't chance it, Es. There are many other ways to enjoy the snow. ugh!....I hate that word.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nope I wouldn't. Pregnancy is a short time (tho' at times it seems to last forever) and you'll have other opps to go skiing..

When I was pregnant with my last child my children's school had a roller skate party. I wanted to skate so bad with my kids but I couldn't. About 2 years later I got my chance...it was worth the wait on both counts.

Josie

• Mary
    Mary
    Just wondering what would you do or if you have skiied whilst pregnant?

Nope. I remember when Fergie (Duchess of York) went skiing when she was 4 or 5 months pregnant with her first baby. She fell going down a Black Run and could have easily lost the baby. The tabloids cruxified her for being so irresponsible and needlessly risking her baby's life.......

Stay on the sidelines Es! They'll be plenty of time for skiing after de baby's born!!

• erandir
    erandir

If I were pregnant, I wouldn't even leave the house. It would be so embarassing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit